Röhl staying is a must.

8 hours ago, Hammy70 said:

The fact that we were in freefall at the start of the season. If we are in the same boat as last season in the summer but in league 1 we might be fighting relegation to league 2 next season. If we keep Röhl and he gets some backing and his own players then mid-table or higher. At least firm consolidation.

So yes. We've never been in the fourth tier and the difference between that and solid championship is considerable. Therefore it's very important, potentially one of the most important in our history.

The potential is there for the club to die if Chansiri keeps us and we loll about in league 1 or 2.

The issue is whether Röhl can get his own players - or at least those on his A list. Apparently, in January, we had to meet certain players away from Sheffield, for various reasons I won't go in to. This is one of the things Röhl wants addressing.

And that in itself says all you need to know about our manager and his attention to small details. His background is totally different to ours, and we either change - for the better - or he'll end up leaving. This isn't down to finances for players either. He can deal with that.

11 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Chris Powell seems popular and cheap. :Chansiri: will have him in place by the last three days of the August window.

Chris Powell has repeatedly said he doesn't want to manage

Even if we go down, he has to stay because we are so much better than we were under Xisco. I do not trust Chansiri not to bin him if we get relegated though.

If our form had been like this all season we’d be safely mid table.

Edited by FightLikeAGirl

Think it interesting times for the club, almost a bit of a crossroads moment. With a few factors built in.

Firstly we need to stay in the division. Then is a case of what he has to work with.

Clearly Röhl is a decent manager, others will definitely be interested in him and ultimately it'll be up to him where his future lies.

That conversation needs to happen as soon as the season finishes if it hasn't already.

I can't imagine Röhl staying, he'll have other better offers. Chansiri will want too much compo for him, Chansiri won't promise him much in terms of investment or long term planning, Röhl will probably resign as a result. That's my hunch