How will wba approach the game on Saturday?

Its still very tight between playoffs and mid table. Coventry are playing hull which, if they win, puts them joint 7th. In short, the baggies still need to win games to guarantee their spot in the playoffs. I’d much rather be playing them last game of the season than Sunderland so that they might rest players beforehand. 

I expect them to be all guns blazing on Saturday. It doesn’t seem to be in Rohls philosophy to sit back unless we are forced to like with Leeds. If we go for it we could easily leave ourselves exposed like we did against stoke and for the blackburn goal.

Famewo is not a left back, and is better as a centre back in a 4. I’d be tempted to put palmer there as he’s got more pace. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

They will be going for the win , they need it as much as us. Let's hope we can get an early goal and that will open up space for us to break into. 

If Coventry v Hull is a draw then WBA will probably be happy with a draw against us, though I expect them still to go for the win. 

46 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

If Coventry v Hull is a draw then WBA will probably be happy with a draw against us, though I expect them still to go for the win. 

We need Coventry to beat Hull tomorrow, so they still have an outside chance of the play-offs when they go to Blackburn.

They’re already in playoffs unless they lose both and lose a +15 goal difference AND Norwich lose both and lose a +5 goal difference. Hull obviously have to win both games big as well. If they’ve got any less than 100% fit players I doubt they’ll play. 

WestB are 19/24 away form last 6, although they looked decent when they lost to Leicester tbf.

Wednesday must be chomping at the bit after the Stoke draw, to perform in front of a full house. I’m definitely feeling more confident than I did before Stoke.

Top 5 team playing a team they know will be playing for their lives with a packed crowd. They'll want to shut us up as quickly as possible like Norwich did I suspect. Let's just not gift wrap the chance to this time. 

Can't see them resting many or not going for a win. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

They’re already in playoffs unless they lose both and lose a +15 goal difference AND Norwich lose both and lose a +5 goal difference. Hull obviously have to win both games big as well. If they’ve got any less than 100% fit players I doubt they’ll play. 

WestB are 19/24 away form last 6, although they looked decent when they lost to Leicester tbf.

Wednesday must be chomping at the bit after the Stoke draw, to perform in front of a full house. I’m definitely feeling more confident than I did before Stoke.

Edit: I guess Norwich would only need a point thinking about it but you get my point! Almost impossible!

They'll want to hit the play-offs with a bit of momentum. I'd be very surprised if they don't attempt to dominate the ball and create as many chances as possible. 

The one thing in our favour is that they're probably not going to be up for a dogfight. So, if we can make it a battle, and the ref doesn't prevent us from doing so, they might be tempted to take their best players out of the mix. 

He surprised if even with 2 loses WBA don’t end up in the playoffs.

They look set.

Dont think they’ll be taking it easy however. Players need to be in form going into them.

Hardest game out of the relegation sides.

But we are at home.

Lets get behind the team and hope we pull it off 

The key to putting us on the back foot is to slow the game down from the beginning of the first half and the beginning of the second. I fully expect WBA to attempt to slow the game down for the first 5-10 minutes of both halves to stop us storming out of the gates, all guns blazing. Then they'll crank it up a notch to get into their rhythm. 

Regardless of what they do, we are good enough to beat them. They aren't in great form and don't have as much to play for as us. 

If Hull lose, they are 6 points behind with 2 games left and goal difference at least 16 worse, with Hull playing Ipswich that day. they won't be worried about being caught, but no doubt their manager (and even fans) will be pushing the "It's not certain until it's mathematically certain" angle

Think we have to assume they will be playing to win. 

Its annoying Birmingham are playing Norwich at home on the last day. I would be very surprised if they don't win that one, as Norwich will have play offs wrapped up. We really need to be rooting for a Huddersfield win at the weekend. 

Win two games and we're safe, that's got to be the approach. 

There'll be some weird results from the other teams, always is. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Hudds got something at Ipswich on the last day, equally they could lose 6-0. Can't rely on all the top 10 sides winning.

Coventry v Hull on Wednesday 24th April

^^^ (Question is how Coventry will recover from the Man Utd penalties defeat?)

Coventry (like Hull) though still have an "outside chance" of play offs?

Hard one to call this one? WE WOULD WANT COVENTRY TO WIN! 😇

Blackburn v Coventry on Saturday 27th April

IF Coventry LOSE at home to Hull above, then play offs gone.

That gives Blackburn a chance? Boo!!!!!!!

HULL City?

They would next play Ipswich at Home on Saturday 27th April

Ipswich fighting for automatic promotion to Premier League.

So, IF Hull lost at Coventry first,  play offs gone.

5 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Its still very tight between playoffs and mid table. Coventry are playing hull which, if they win, puts them joint 7th. In short, the baggies still need to win games to guarantee their spot in the playoffs. I’d much rather be playing them last game of the season than Sunderland so that they might rest players beforehand. 

I expect them to be all guns blazing on Saturday. It doesn’t seem to be in Rohls philosophy to sit back unless we are forced to like with Leeds. If we go for it we could easily leave ourselves exposed like we did against stoke and for the blackburn goal.

Famewo is not a left back, and is better as a centre back in a 4. I’d be tempted to put palmer there as he’s got more pace. 

Why change anything i would play johnson as left wing bk again with pol other side