If Carlsberg Did Penultimate Saturday Results Forecast

I know it’s on a lot of minds and, I suspect we’ve all done these permutations, but I consider it therapeutic to get this down ‘on paper’.

So if Carlsberg did penultimate Saturday Results Forecast - it would look like this:

Southampton v Stoke - home win

QPR v Leeds - away win

Blackburn v Coventry - draw

Millwall v Plymouth - draw

WAWAW v WBA - home win

Huddersfield v Birmingham - home win

So the table at 5pm Saturday would look something like this -

Stoke.                 50 pts

QPR.                    50 pts

Blackburn.          50 pts

WAWAW.            50 pts 

Plymouth.           49 pts

Huddersfield.     47 pts

Birmingham.      46 pts

Time for a lay down - this is too stressful and we’ve still got the final weekend to go!

Edited by Rick - Norfolk Owl

39 minutes ago, Rick - Norfolk Owl said:

I know it’s on a lot of minds and, I suspect we’ve all done these permutations, but I consider it therapeutic to get this down ‘on paper’.

So if Carlsberg did penultimate Saturday Results Forecast - it would look like this:

Southampton v Stoke - home win

QPR v Leeds - away win

Blackburn v Coventry - Away

Millwall v Plymouth - Home

WAWAW v WBA - home win

Huddersfield v Birmingham - Draw

So the table at 5pm Saturday would look something like this -

Stoke.                 50 pts

QPR.                    50 pts

Wednesday        50 pts

Blackburn           49 pts 

Plymouth.           48 pts

Birmingham       47 pts

Huddersfield.      45 pts

Time for a lay down - this is too stressful and we’ve still got the final weekend to go!

Much better 

• Like 5

My head says we’ll be back into the bottom 3 after Saturday and then escape again on the final day.

I reckon it’s more likely Birmingham beat Huddersfield & we either draw or lose to WBA. Then in theory all of Plymouth, QPR, Stoke & Blackburn would still be at risk (unless they win on Saturday). So final game day of the season could have as many as 6 teams battling to avoid that final relegation spot. 

Given up trying to predict results. But Huddersfield winning would do us a huge favour, with Ipswich away on the final day relegation feels certain with anything but. Going into that Sunderland game knowing a win almost guarantees our safety would be massive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

My head says we’ll be back into the bottom 3 after Saturday and then escape again on the final day.

I reckon it’s more likely Birmingham beat Huddersfield & we either draw or lose to WBA. Then in theory all of Plymouth, QPR, Stoke & Blackburn would still be at risk (unless they win on Saturday). So final game day of the season could have as many as 6 teams battling to avoid that final relegation spot. 

Given up trying to predict results. But Huddersfield winning would do us a huge favour, with Ipswich away on the final day relegation feels certain with anything but. Going into that Sunderland game knowing a win almost guarantees our safety would be massive. 

I don't want to be going to Sunderland needing three points.   

• Like 4

3 hours ago, greyowl said:

The point we got at L**ds might be the one that keeps us up !

Good old Xisco, I knew he wasn't completely useless.

By the same token, that thumping at Huddersfield could relegate us. Then It would be DR's fault 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Much better 

An Huddersfield win would be a much better result, puts them on 47 with a goal difference like ours. If it's a draw Birmingham would have 47pts and a much better goal difference.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Good old Xisco, I knew he wasn't completely useless.

By the same token, that thumping at Huddersfield could relegate us. Then It would be DR's fault 😆

Nothing to do with goal difference - it’s not going to

matter.

Birmingham have a much better chance of winning at home v a play off safe Norwich than Huddersfield do of winning at Ipswich who will probably need to win.

3 hours ago, Sykes said:

Why would we want Millwall to draw with Plymouth and Coventry to draw with Blackburn?

Does it actually matter if Plymouth lose or draw?

Either way the maths stays the same in terms of final day results because of our GD. Correct me if I'm wrong but as long as they don't win it's equally "good" for us.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Does it actually matter if Plymouth lose or draw?

Either way the maths stays the same in terms of final day results because of our GD. Correct me if I'm wrong but as long as they don't win it's equally "good" for us.

Ignore this, chatting utter sh*te lol

19 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Nothing to do with goal difference - it’s not going to

matter.

Birmingham have a much better chance of winning at home v a play off safe Norwich than Huddersfield do of winning at Ipswich who will probably need to win.

Of course goal difference could come in to it.

Huddersfield are +2 goals better off than us. If we lose and they win on Saturday, they will go above us with at least a +4 better goal difference.

I wouldn't put it past them to get a draw at Ipswich, which would mean we would have to beat Sunderland because of our worse GD. 

In hindsight if we had drawn at Huddersfield, we would now be 6 points above them, with a +6 better goal difference.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Of course goal difference could come in to it.

Huddersfield are +2 goals better off than us. If we lose and they win on Saturday, they will go above us with at least a +4 better goal difference.

I wouldn't put it past them to get a draw at Ipswich, which would mean we would have to beat Sunderland because of our worse GD. 

In hindsight if we had drawn at Huddersfield, we would now be 6 points above them, with a +6 better goal difference.

Not in the context you said it.

You said we were better for Huddersfield to win because they have a worse goal difference than Birmingham .

Show me a way we can finish on the same points as Huddersfield- with a BETTER goal difference - then consider how likely that set of results would be….

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Not in the context you said it.

You said we were better for Huddersfield to win because they have a worse goal difference than Birmingham .

Show me a way we can finish on the same points as Huddersfield- with a BETTER goal difference - then consider how likely that set of results would be….

No you didn’t @Tommy Crawshaw - it was somebody else.

33 minutes ago, swal-owl-s26 said:

An Huddersfield win would be a much better result, puts them on 47 with a goal difference like ours. If it's a draw Birmingham would have 47pts and a much better goal difference.

I meant to respond to this one….

im just debating with myself on this thread now.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I just wish Birmingham weren't playing Huddersfield. If they both had someone else there would be a chance they would both get 0 points

Or as someone pointed out earlier, there would be a chance they both get 3 points.    At least this way,  one or both are dropping points.  

• Like 1