Sunday Times Interview With Danny Röhl

Big summer for Chansiri really.

If he backs Röhl and listens and delivers what he wants on and off the pitch, that might win some fans back round.

Otherwise you can expect the protests to really ramp up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Probably mid table but certainly better than where we are. Now 

Not sure. He’s on course for 60pts over the course of a full season, and that was taking over a shipwreck and someone else’s players.

I reckon we’d be hanging on to Norwich for that 6th place.

In an interview with Rob Staton, Bannan says how good DC has been to him in his time here. Bannan also says how he believes that if DR is supported how different the style of play will be compared to recently and that we will be at the other end of the table. Let’s hope BB is using his influence with DC and letting him know the one chance he has of realising the valuation he believes the club is worth will only come by supporting DR.   🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

It feels like staying up would not only retain our championship status, but also increase the chances of Danny wanting to stay, and it would make us more appealing for someone rich to meet Chansiri's ridiculous asking price.   So in the words of our scouser friends, staying up really would mean more to us.

11 hours ago, Joe Sunburn said:

Club ought to buy him a house and a company car to drive out any ideas of leaving. Oh, and provide for daycare. Keep your man, DC! 

I'm sure Danny can afford accommodation, transport and childcare.

Reading between the lines, it looks like the issue is uncertainty. As he himself noted, he did move his family to Southampton only to move them back to Germany. What would be far more likely to keep him here is a decent length contract and a commitment to invest in the organisation and infrastructure he needs to improve us and take us forward.

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm sure Danny can afford accommodation, transport and childcare.

Reading between the lines, it looks like the issue is uncertainty. As he himself noted, he did move his family to Southampton only to move them back to Germany. What would be far more likely to keep him here is a decent length contract and a commitment to invest in the organisation and infrastructure he needs to improve us and take us forward.

Good customer would give him house :Chansiri:

3 hours ago, Minesapint said:

In an interview with Rob Staton, Bannan says how good DC has been to him in his time here. Bannan also says how he believes that if DR is supported how different the style of play will be compared to recently and that we will be at the other end of the table. Let’s hope BB is using his influence with DC and letting him know the one chance he has of realising the valuation he believes the club is worth will only come by supporting DR.   🤞🏻🤞🏻

That's because Bannan has DC's ear. DC doesn't trust many people, but he does Bannan. And to a large extent, what Bannan says, goes. He pretty much rules the place, and that is direct from a current player.

Obviously there are limits to what Bannan can and does influence, but if a face doesn't fit, then that face won't be around for too long. Fortunately, Bannan is Wednesday through and through, and also shares many traits with the likes of Röhl and the current backroom staff, so he wouldn't suggest anything detrimental to the club.

There should be a firewall between the club captain and club owner, but in our case, due to DC's mistrust, naivity, ego and stupidity, there is nobody in place to do that. And so if DC were to ask BB his opinions on Röhl, I would hope DC would do the right thing.

He needs backing in the summer and whatever contract he is on, increasing and extending, if only for the compensation we will receive when he is finally poached from us.

• Like 2

Stay up, we have a chance to keep him. Go down he'll go. He’s hot property and a fair sized championship club, backing or a euro club with ambition will snap him up. Even even be a target for tge likes of Rangers and Celtic. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 22:15, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Can’t help but wonder where we’d be had Danny been appointed in the summer!

It would depend on who he was allowed to bring in. By the time DM was sacked and interviews were finished we were playing catch up, on the other hand we weren't nailed to the bottom of the table with players refusing to come here because of it.

Assuming he could bring in 4 or 5 good young players of his choice I don't think we would be below mid table, with luck we might have had periods flirting with play off places although making that level at the end of the season would be too much to expect.

I'm really hoping we can stay up and DC will realise that Roehl is his 'get out of jaoil free card', back him sensibly and we might get promoted in the next 3 or 4 seasons. without breaking the bank.

If DC gives him the right backing I think Roehl may stick around longer than we expect. I wouldn't put my house on DC doing anything sensible though so I'm half expecting him to sack Roehl because he didn't get automatic promotion this season.

On 21/04/2024 at 23:04, Ponte_Owl85 said:

If he hasn't yet realised what he's got in this club, the fanbase, I doubt he'll realise what he's got in the manager either unfortunately. He seems oblivious to any rationale 

DC,  " Bad customers, bad manager. If he wants to buy players he should sell his house."