We're staying up aren't we??

2 hours ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Need him to pick the right players to start first..

Danny is a brilliant tactician

He lulls the opposites into a false sense of security

Then he makes his super subs 

Then we Röhl over the bemused opposites

The fact that it's still in our own hands after the start we had is nothing short of a miracle.

I honestly feel the 2nd half of the Norwich game could really be a season defining moment and the catalyst for the big 4 game push.

FWIW I genuinely think we could get 10 points from the last 4 games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beswetherick said:

So close to achieving an unbelievable turnaround. Is that the furthest we’ve been from safety all season? I’m sure the gap was double figures at one point. 

Also… what a decision by Birmingham’s board to appoint Rooney 

lol 

I think it was 12 or 13 points around the end of November?

We now have to stop talking the talk. We need to capitalise on the rest not picking points up. 

There us no better time than this weekend, beat Stoke and get out of the bottom 3. Head to Blackburn on hopefully level points and take 7000 to roar us on. 

This weekend for me determines next season, let's fill the stadium and make it a cauldron for Stoke. 

It's now or never. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I hope Leicester give Plymouth a right ******** hiding Friday night. Would set up Saturday lovely if one of the rivals has already been pumped before we play  

Absolutely this,  looking at Leicester's defeat to Millwall they had 73% possession, with almost double the shots and triple the corners to Millwall.   Millwall scored a wonder goal to win 1-0. 

Leicester boss said "Now it's a matter of recovering energy and trying to win the game on Friday. Every game now is a big moment.

The game we've played is gone. Now we need to be focused on the next games - they are the most important of the season."

Let's hope this attitude brings them a win tomorrow.    What a huge incentive that would give our players on Saturday.   

11 hours ago, Almat said:

Brum's owners even trump Chansiri in the clueless owner stakes. 😃

In terms of their future, if we do stay up and Birmingham go down, I fully expect them to leapfrog us (like many teams have done) as long as Chansiri is still here.

Their owners seem to be investing in the future, they have a new stadium planned for 2029 and have a plan to double revenue, whereas we will still be in a decaying Hillsborough and jumping from one financial disaster to another.

Birmingham's owners made one huge mistake this season, which they have recognised and publicly admitted, something else Chansiri has never done. 

They hired Rooney because they're American and wanted a "big name" thinking that it would bring publicity like it would over there. 

12 hours ago, darntpark said:

I've been wearing my lucky pants for so long now our lass is making me sleep in the shed. 

Pray for warmer weather please.

"It's only the stubborn understains that are still holding them together."

Vyvyan Basterd, The Young Ones

• Haha 2

I'm really looking forward to the last few games. I bet you that none of the supporters of our close rivals can say the same. We are progressing while they are all stagnating. This must trickle down to the players and I'm more sure than I've ever been that it will make the difference. We've got this in our hands.

Edited by Owl Stork

6 hours ago, Road Runner said:

We now have to stop talking the talk. We need to capitalise on the rest not picking points up. 

There us no better time than this weekend, beat Stoke and get out of the bottom 3. Head to Blackburn on hopefully level points and take 7000 to roar us on. 

This weekend for me determines next season, let's fill the stadium and make it a cauldron for Stoke. 

It's now or never. 

Yep...Saturday is the game where we can make a big statement by winning. 

Finally make our move out of the bottom 3 if Huddersfield or Plymouth don't win.

Level on points with Stoke and Blackburn (if they lose at Leeds).

Then it would give us a bit of leeway as others play the following Saturday before we play Sunday at Blackburn.

Hopefully a draw on the Saturday between Stoke and Plymouth keeps Plymouth below us. Assuming Birmingham win at Rotherham, they will still be 1 point behind us. Then a draw at Blackburn would be a good result.

So important to beat Stoke.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sykes said:

In terms of their future, if we do stay up and Birmingham go down, I fully expect them to leapfrog us (like many teams have done) as long as Chansiri is still here.

Their owners seem to be investing in the future, they have a new stadium planned for 2029 and have a plan to double revenue, whereas we will still be in a decaying Hillsborough and jumping from one financial disaster to another.

Birmingham's owners made one huge mistake this season, which they have recognised and publicly admitted, something else Chansiri has never done. 

They hired Rooney because they're American and wanted a "big name" thinking that it would bring publicity like it would over there. 

Time will tell. If it WAS their only mistake it was a pretty huge one and may still see them relegated. I mean, who else would look at Rooney's managerial record and sack a well performing manager to employ him? 

Money and ambition is part of the equation when success happens but not the be all and end all. You just have to look at Chelsea for the evidence of that.