TBH there is always a lot of nitpicking on here when it comes to team selection but the bottom line with this squad it’s simple. It’s an old squad and the championship is a relentless slog particularly given that our manager wants us to play in your face front football.

We pick up injuries on a regular basis. There are constant questions about our mental strength. You can suffer as much from mental fatigue as physical and we’ve been under the pump since that first ball of the season was kicked back in August.

To play how Röhl wants on a regular basis in the championship we need younger fitter players. This isn’t an option for him this season, it may never be given how this club is run from the top but ultimately you just have to trust him to utilise his squad as effectively as possible which in all fairness he has done.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Vaulks and Bannan need to play the remaining games as we are so short in central midfield. If that means restricted training then it's a case of needs must....it's all about doing what needs to be done to win

This...if they need rest, rest them in the week. No need to run them into the ground in training at this stage of the season. 

• Love 1

I don't want to see Bannan taking another corner this season after those two deliveries. Seriously.

The second one was an absolute peach - right in the danger area at the far post, perfect height, keeper nowhere. Even Ashley Fletcher would have scored that one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Love Röhl but would love to know his logic behind starting Palmer ahead of Vaulks recently. Does it all stem from the Boro game where Vaulks was hot headed? 

We won 2-0  with Palmer in midfield.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We need him to be starting every game from now until the end of the season if possible. 

Look, Palmer can do a job in central midfield, but there are games where he looks like a bloke who has played at fullback/CB most his career playing in midfield. 

Vaulks is a decent footballer, but it's his ability to scrap and tackle which we miss so badly when he's not in the team. It's far too easy to bypass our entire midfield with one or two simple enough passes when we don't have a proper DM in the team. 

2 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

I don't want to see Bannan taking another corner this season after those two deliveries. Seriously.

The second one was an absolute peach - right in the danger area at the far post, perfect height, keeper nowhere. Even Ashley Fletcher would have scored that one!

Fletcher still would have crashed it against the post or headed it into orbit, let’s be honest lol 

5 hours ago, Snelldog said:

I heard that it wasn’t a niggle but a post-Boro rant over contract uncertainty that cost him his place. 

If players played really well and gave their all then they’d easily get a new contract 

5 hours ago, markg said:

How the hell is Röhl not starting him every week?

Can I ask a genuine question?

Why, after every game, do you feel the need to have a dig at the manager?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

If players played really well and gave their all then they’d easily get a new contract 

Come on now, we all know DC can’t be relied upon to be so sensible….

Think about how frustrated we are with the ownership as fans.

Then imagine DC has the power over whether you can fulfil your mortgage agreement or not 😂

The players must be fed up of him.

2 hours ago, markowl said:

Can I ask a genuine question?

Why, after every game, do you feel the need to have a dig at the manager?

I've said loads of times, under Röhl and Moore that Vaulks would always be the first name on the team sheet for me,  he makes a difference every time he plays and  I never get why he doesn't play.

I've said plenty of times that Röhl is doing a good job, that's clear to see. But I do get frustrated with some of his decisions too. Playing Palmer over Vaulks seems bizarre. Going all out attack against teams miles better than us away form home is bizarre to me. But it's my opinion. That's what this space is for. 

• Like 1

Theres always a card in Vaulks, but thats because he trys his hardest, I would have him in our side no problem, maybe he could generate some go forward from some of our lazier players, saying all that , comment on Musaba and Gassama, both headless chickens , we have cried out for years for pace in the side, then we get these two , up a cul de sac is what i see on a regular basis, skill wise I doubt we will ever see the best of either, DR needs to take a long hard look before this weekends game , maybe Famewo needs replacing also , always a mistake in him as well

3 minutes ago, south_wales_owls said:

Theres always a card in Vaulks, but thats because he trys his hardest, I would have him in our side no problem, maybe he could generate some go forward from some of our lazier players, saying all that , comment on Musaba and Gassama, both headless chickens , we have cried out for years for pace in the side, then we get these two , up a cul de sac is what i see on a regular basis, skill wise I doubt we will ever see the best of either, DR needs to take a long hard look before this weekends game , maybe Famewo needs replacing also , always a mistake in him as well

He does try his hardest but he can be rash at times.

7 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

I don't think Fletcher would have had the strikers instinct to use Pedersen's shoulders to get up so high to score.