Xiscos signings going to keep us up ?

He was given flip all to spend and did an OK job at spending it. 

The loans were a disaster though. 

Danny's in January are obviously much better.

I hope we get to see what Danny can do with a few quid behind him in the summer. (As unlikely as that is with DC at the helm)

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Billque said:

As title, yesterday Gassama, Musaba, Diaby and Valentine all contributed to our win. Were  the summer signings so bad after all ?

Vasquez, Hendrick, Buckley, Fletcher, Delgado & Momo Diaby have all been poor signings though and a massive waste of resources

I'd also argue that the likes of Poveda, Beadle & Ugbo have been far more impactful than and important to how we play overall than Xisco's signings. 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Billque said:

As title, yesterday Gassama, Musaba, Diaby and Valentine all contributed to our win. Were  the summer signings so bad after all ?

Nope. I said from the off that he recruited pretty well, brought in some younger players with potential. I actually think they were better than what Moore would have brought in. 

The problem was Xisco and his absolutely terrible management.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Vasquez, Hendrick, Buckley, Fletcher, Delgado & Momo Diaby have all been poor signings though and a massive waste of resources

Vasquez wasn't a poor signing. He was definitely an upgrade on Dawson.

Delgado is probably better than most think too. It's just that we only saw him during Xisco games (everyone looked poor!), and was given a different job to do every week. He did OK with most of them.

And the best signing of all (Di'Shon Bernard) hasn't been mentioned. 

Edited by Geörge Whitebread
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Vasquez wasn't a poor signing. He was definitely an upgrade on Dawson.

Delgado is probably better than most think too. It's just that we only saw him during Xisco games (everyone looked poor!), and was given a different job to do every week. He did OK with most of them.

And the best signing of all (Di'Shon Bernard) hasn't been mentioned. 

Good call on Bernard, almost seems too good to have been a Xisco signing !

We'll have to see with Delgado though, haven't seen anything from him to think he will be good enough if we stay up, bit i guess we need to see how gets on under a decent manager, should he stay. Vazquez was better than Dawson yes, but that's not saying much, he was still poor and light years behind Beadle and he's barely played for Ascoli and i don't think they've won a game with him in goal.

• Like 1

I still don't know who pulls the strings with transfers.

It was a mistake to totally upheave a cohesive squad with good chemistry, but Röhl has managed to get as much of a tune out of this beleaguered squad as I believe is possible.

If we stay up then we require a lot more quality, but that's down to the chairman who obviously won't have the funds or desire to bring in what's needed.

We jump from one disaster to another under Chansiri. Whatever happens from now to the end of the season, you can bank on there being more drama over the summer.

• Like 1

Overall the summer transfer window was awful. 

The few signings that did turn out to be decent are decent squad players. 

We needed better than that given the squad we had at the time.

"We need to unearth some gems"

Spend nothing and recruit some thing players

"They're not consistent enough"

I seriously don't know what folk expect for no outlay

I don't think xisco was recruiting players anyway so whoever was recruiting I reckon did a pretty decent job with the (lack of) finances available

• Like 4
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Good call on Bernard, almost seems too good to have been a Xisco signing !

We'll have to see with Delgado though, haven't seen anything from him to think he will be good enough if we stay up, bit i guess we need to see how gets on under a decent manager, should he stay. Vazquez was better than Dawson yes, but that's not saying much, he was still poor and light years behind Beadle and he's barely played for Ascoli and i don't think they've won a game with him in goal.

Delgado is too old for me to say I want him to stay. I think we need more youth in the side. I just don't think he's a bad player really. He looked better than players we know are decent. So, it's a shame we never saw him consistently on the right wing as part of a successful team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Nope. I said from the off that he recruited pretty well, brought in some younger players with potential. I actually think they were better than what Moore would have brought in. 

The problem was Xisco and his absolutely terrible management.

Agreed on the management front. Elsewhere you could argue its Infinite Monkey Theorem ref Disco signings!

Could be wrong, but I get the sense that our recruitment is a mismatch of some players the manager wants and some that are "suggested" to him. 

Moore seemed to have more control over recruitment than most (just going off the bulk of signings), but I sense that balance was redressed in the summer. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Could be wrong, but I get the sense that our recruitment is a mismatch of some players the manager wants and some that are "suggested" to him. 

Moore seemed to have more control over recruitment than most (just going off the bulk of signings), but I sense that balance was redressed in the summer. 

Which is not necessarily a bad thing if you have a good recruitment team in place, but it's us so...