Xiscos signings going to keep us up ?

18 hours ago, 0742 said:

Vasquez, Hendrick, Buckley, Fletcher, Delgado & Momo Diaby have all been poor signings though and a massive waste of resources

I'd also argue that the likes of Poveda, Beadle & Ugbo have been far more impactful than and important to how we play overall than Xisco's signings. 

Agree with most of that. I think vasquez did well, but fair play to Röhl for being able to attract someone better .

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Billque said:

As title, yesterday Gassama, Musaba, Diaby and Valentine all contributed to our win. Were  the summer signings so bad after all ?

Gassama and Musaba always had potential, but were raw (despite Musaba being twenty something) (same with Bernard).  Valentin initially looked a waste, but that seems mostly because he needed time to adjust to the English style (he said as much) and to learn English so he could communicate with the other players. Diaby is what he was at the time - a fairly standard big lower level Championship player with poor ball control who is prone to lapses in concentration, but against the right opponent, will shine.

The Keeper (who I have forgotten), wasn't a great signing, nor was Fletcher.  M Diaby seems not to be the standard.  The other guy (again, forget his name) seemed OK, but again, he's been out for months

Could Röhl have kept the team up with just the Munez signings? I doubt this.

Could Munez have done better. Yes. Someone better in CM, a forward who can score (like Ugbo), someone on the wing with experience

But, over the past few years (Moore perhaps the exception), if just half of the summer signings end oup being worthwhile, that was a good transfer period. Problem with Munez, he didn't know what to do with the players he had.

40 minutes ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

Given this table we should be doing both Blackburn and Stoke

The players have no excuses

image.png.496f64d622995faa0ec7b24c2e54e2e8.png

They're both above us in that table... and the full table, for that matter. So, I'd've thought they'll be going in as favourites against us. 

4 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

They're both above us in that table... and the full table, for that matter. So, I'd've thought they'll be going in as favourites against us. 

The only reason the table reads like like that is the games that have influenced it we have played

Leeds

Ipswiich

Middlesborough

We should have took the points Swansea 

The fact s we have played either as promotion chasing side or top of table 

We should be taking them regardless

THE QPR forum is awash of fans saying we are poo and the reason they lost was poor ref 

We are a mid table team when the players apply the right attitude

Blackburn

Plymouth

Swansea

QPR

Huddersfield

Brimingham

The teams above we play better football than 

My god i stuck the Rotherham game on if they cvall it football the sport is dead

Plymouth played awful 

I always thought Musaba and Gassama would always prove to be decent signings. We stay up, they’ve both made important contributions along the way.

Bernard by far has been the best signing.

Valentin has got better as the season has gone on. Bambo has done well recently but has had a mixed time of it.

Delgado was poor before his injury and James hasn’t had a fair crack of the whip.

The summer loan signings were shocking.

The January loan signings have been much better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

The ones i mentioned were Disco the kid ones 

he even tried to block Bernard to SWFC saying he was too young and wanted an alternative. 

Seriously?  From a self-confessed "I know very little about football" man?

The mind boggles.

12 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Seriously?  From a self-confessed "I know very little about football" man?

The mind boggles.

O shut up thee man did all sorts that most of the fanbase did not become aware of 

Can i ask you some questions

Do you personally know me ?

Do you love me because every time i comment you do?

Do you want any autograph ?

I do signed posters if you want one ?

If not shut the fizz up 

On 08/04/2024 at 08:43, Bluesteel. said:

All signings with potential and the kind we should be making. Jury out on Bambo as he will always be either excellent or a self destructor.

You could see in the first game v Southampton  the team set up was off though. Sat so deep, asking players with limited pace to carry the ball up the pitch (only Musaba capable) and huge gaps between any midfielder winger and striker requiring pin point accuracy wr didn’t have. If xisco had managed the team better and even got a couple of draws we’d be out the bottom three now. That George Byers chance against Boro at home still sticks out too

If he had done slightly better it might have taken DC longer to show him the door and we would have already been down by now.

36 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

If he had done slightly better it might have taken DC longer to show him the door and we would have already been down by now.

So it's only Muñoz being really sh*t that potentially saved our season?

boom-mind-blown.gif.e3ee24e04d365e544d268d993d4da764.gif

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So it's only Muñoz being really sh*t that potentially saved our season?

boom-mind-blown.gif.e3ee24e04d365e544d268d993d4da764.gif

Explain me this 

1. A manager gets the SAME group of players to play alongside each other and in some cases home and away beat teams that made us look like a pub team.

2. A manager with exactly the same players SAME does not win a game in 17 attempts 17, 

The people on this thread giving Disco ******** any credit for anything need to walk away 

The very fact certain fans give the man credit for anything is vile

The man refused to walk under pressure and waited for a payout

Munoz is and will always be the worse manager to grace SWFC

This thread is blowing my mind 

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Maybe. I don’t think a couple of draws would have saved him, given how big the gap was. Whether it’s 2 or 4 points from 12 it’s equally worthy of the sack but could’ve made a big difference now 

18 minutes ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

The man refused to walk under pressure and waited for a payout

Where has this come from, please?

If that's the case, he'd be well within his rights to hold out for whatever was contractually owed to him, though. Not many people would walk away when due a payout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Where has this come from, please?

If that's the case, he'd be well within his rights to hold out for whatever was contractually owed to him, though. Not many people would walk away when due a payout.

I ma sorry but anyone with any credit in the game when asked would take the high road

Football these days is just not what it once was

The very fact a manager who

1. Lost the dressing room with 2 weeks

2. Lost 17 games of professional football this until him was NEVER achieved by any manager at ay other team EVER

3. laughed at results

4. Had a coaching staff who had zero football knowledge 

5. Openly mocked fans

6.Openly mocked players

7. Played every player out of position at some point

Listen Disco kid was and always will be a stain on the club

He had zero and i mean zero understanding

Move on

The reason the players have done well is down to the manager we have and nothing bloody more 

29 minutes ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

I ma sorry but anyone with any credit in the game when asked would take the high road

Football these days is just not what it once was

The very fact a manager who

1. Lost the dressing room with 2 weeks

2. Lost 17 games of professional football this until him was NEVER achieved by any manager at ay other team EVER

3. laughed at results

4. Had a coaching staff who had zero football knowledge 

5. Openly mocked fans

6.Openly mocked players

7. Played every player out of position at some point

Listen Disco kid was and always will be a stain on the club

He had zero and i mean zero understanding

Move on

The reason the players have done well is down to the manager we have and nothing bloody more 

'Move on'?

You're not under the impression I rated him, I hope!?

:duntmatter:

I'm just asking where the info. that he refused to walk away and waited for a payout has come from, and I disagree that anyone else in football would have walked away - I reckon very few would have done.