Perspective.

17 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

If the football gods treat us how they have for most of the last 20-odd years then we will get a penalty in the last minute at Sunderland to stay up..........

...........and miss it!

Don Givens eat your heart out!

After 13 games, we had won 0.

Huddersfield had won 3

Plymouth had won 4

Birmingham had won 5

Blackburn had won 6.

We have now won more games than 3 of these teams and the same as the other one.  If you think its bad on here, can you imagine what the others are saying/thinking

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

That win percentage gets you 52 points, and almost certain safety, over the course of a season.

Add in a handful of draws and you're probably pushing for a top half finish.

52 minutes ago, Bukta said:

For a bit of perspective I thought that first half was awful. I’m afraid relegation is a little bit closer after today. 

Without young Ian I thought we looked awful going forward. Also missed an ageing quarter bk in middle. Next season whether in same league or 1 below we need to find some younger creativity and a box to box midfielder whose gona break the lines

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Without young Ian I thought we looked awful going forward. Also missed an ageing quarter bk in middle. Next season whether in same league or 1 below we need to find some younger creativity and a box to box midfielder whose gona break the lines

Without spending any money. 

• Like 2

We give them every last drop of support we have because it's who we are and what we do. The lady who ate all the cakes isnt singing yet,she's not even in the taxi for the theatre.

IMG_20240305_182504.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

For a bit of perspective I thought that first half was awful. I’m afraid relegation is a little bit closer after today. 

That’s the spirit. We said that before Christmas and have done well to get within a real chance of staying up - keep the faith 🔵⚪

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, happy days said:

Over the course of a 46 game season yes, not 36 game season 

Right, but Röhl's win percentage is clearly not the reason we're in a relegation battle.

Try looking to the bloke before him who had a 0% win rate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

That’s the spirit. We said that before Christmas and have done well to get within a real chance of staying up - keep the faith 🔵⚪

Sorry Pal I’m traumatised after that.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Right, but Röhl's win percentage is clearly not the reason we're in a relegation battle.

Try looking to the bloke before him who had a 0% win rate.

I thought they were defending Röhl by stating he's doing his part by achieving a 38% win-rate (which should be higher after games like today and Watford!), despite being in charge of a team in the relegation zone all season.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, no, no.

Darren Moore had a 'Championship-ready squad' which should have walked the league last season, don't you remember?

:ph34r:

We certainly had a Championship ready wage bill but a L1 manager, as borne out by his record since leaving .....

• Haha 2

Can anyone honestly see us beating Boro or QPR cause we need to beat one of them, ideally Rangers, we've blown a good chance of getting out of bottom 3 today as imo that was a must win game. 

11 points required from 7 games to have a fighting chance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S6owls said:

Wednesday haven't got the "big game" mentality and I'm afraid to say every game from now including today is a big game 

Hmm not so sure about that, we might not have the quality in depth but I wouldn’t question the character of the players bannan/vaulks/pato/icky et al

Bizarre game, the amount of chances to put the ball in the net. Luck wasn’t on our side and neither were the officials. It Looked like Mother Nature was though as the sun in the second half made their keeper barely see a thing.