Perspective.

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

For a bit of perspective I thought that first half was awful. I’m afraid relegation is a little bit closer after today. 

Yes, one leg in League One now unfortunately.

What today shows is that we are, in all honesty, a League One outfit.

Unless Poveda makes a miraculous recovery we're down.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We have no other choice. 

Got to keep going. 

We only have to be 21st after the last game of the season. 

This 100%

We dropped 2 points today. But still made up space on 21st. Keep the faith, we'll get there

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

He inherited in essence a League 1 squad with a handful of exceptions after the worse start to a season in championship history. 

No, no, no.

Darren Moore had a 'Championship-ready squad' which should have walked the league last season, don't you remember?

:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

But for a little bit of calmness in front of goal that should have been 3 points- story of the season.

Please football gods, surely we can't go a whole season without a penalty can we?

If the football gods treat us how they have for most of the last 20-odd years then we will get a penalty in the last minute at Sunderland to stay up..........

...........and miss it!

Edited by apswfcowl
  • Haha 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, no, no.

Darren Moore had a 'Championship-ready squad' which should have walked the league last season, don't you remember?

:ph34r:

I do. Thing is we are where we were under Sturrock and Jones desperately trying to stay up in that first season back in the championship. If we can then perhaps we can build to at least get to

the point we were when DC first arrived.

Big picture seems to be DR is a very good coach, ekeing as much as he can from a very poor side.  We’ve really struggled in the last several seasons to grasp any of our opportunities (eg Forest Green) and today was yet another missed chance. 

I’d love us to pull it out of the hat but I’m not sure we’re going to turn our away form around at Boro.  Needs a Peterborough moment for about 3 games…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I do. Thing is we are where we were under Sturrock and Jones desperately trying to stay up in that first season back in the championship. If we can then perhaps we can build to at least get to

the point we were when DC first arrived.

I know.

I was being facetious, poking fun at the Owlstalk narrative which some built up last season when it suited their agenda.

• Like 1

Reminded me of the games v Bristol C, Middlesbrough and Forest towards the end of the 2021 relegation season. Knew how important a win was, but seemed lethargic, farted about,  never really looked threatening and dropped vital points that ultimately saw us relegated.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, happy days said:

38% win record from 29 games is relegation, there is your perspective 

Eh?

That win percentage gets you 52 points, and almost certain safety, over the course of a season.

Add in a handful of draws and you're probably pushing for a top half finish.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Given our terrible goal difference, we need to win 4 of our last 7 games.

We are running out of matches and the window for error in a getting smaller.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 4