On 25/03/2024 at 19:54, swfcAH said:

If that's true 150 million? Chansiris an absolute fruit loop

Of course it’s true. 

Have you not seen the twitter feed above where the potential Saudi buyer declares all to a random fan? 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

It was a Wednesday two weeks. I did opt out for a while but I'm glad I'm back on here. Honestly, it's just the tonic. Best set of posters in the world.

UTO 

Glad that you're back Fred 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

This is the content that I want to see on Owlstalk. Less squabbling about politics. More nonsense Saudi takeover rumours and Owl themed teetowels  

Looks more like a barn owl than a teet owl

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Looks more like a barn owl than a teet owl

Actually it is a Teet Owl.

Teat is derived from the Old French or Dutch word, "tete" or the Greek word τιτθύς.[14] An alternative, but possibly not unrelated, would be the Welsh word "teth" or the Old English, "titt" which is still used as a slang term.

However the Species is from the Scottish Etymology where  teet (comparative mair teet, superlative maist teet) mean swift, quick, fast, faird.

The Teet Owl is considered one of the fastet Owls, noted for its quick flight changes and ability to twist and turn sharply while hunting prey hence the name

On 27/03/2024 at 11:05, big fact hunt said:

Back to the topic of discussion and not bird related, the original offer was too cheep.

I'll see myself out....

I blame DC and his lack of a good transfer budgie. 

:Chansiri: " oh tweetie"

5 hours ago, poite said:

Of course it’s true. 

Have you not seen the twitter feed above where the potential Saudi buyer declares all to a random fan? 

I think we all might have got it wrong when it comes to the amount Chansiri want for the club. It has constantly been quoted that he wants the staggering amount of £150 million when in reality what he has really been quoting is 150 million Thia Baht which on todays conversion at 46.11baht to the pound  is only £3,253,090.

A couple of rich supporters should be able to rustle up that before weekend.

Doesn’t seem serious, however (If I was going to lie I’d think of something much more interesting and recent) I know somebody who worked close to Chansiri’s inner circle who left a few years ago, and 150m was the number that Chansiri is fixated on and appears to have for quite some time, everyone around the club is aware of that number, that’s what he thinks we are worth 100%.

You can count on one hand I think the number of players we’ve actually sold, he’s a terrible negotiator and I was told he told a Championship club Palmer would cost them 8m, it’s scary how stubborn he is, also when you think Leeds were valued at 170m when they were just relegated from the Prem that Chansiri thinks a club who has been in there bottom 3 of the Championship all season is worth £150m

5 hours ago, Londoner1867 said:

Doesn’t seem serious, however (If I was going to lie I’d think of something much more interesting and recent) I know somebody who worked close to Chansiri’s inner circle who left a few years ago, and 150m was the number that Chansiri is fixated on and appears to have for quite some time, everyone around the club is aware of that number, that’s what he thinks we are worth 100%.

You can count on one hand I think the number of players we’ve actually sold, he’s a terrible negotiator and I was told he told a Championship club Palmer would cost them 8m, it’s scary how stubborn he is, also when you think Leeds were valued at 170m when they were just relegated from the Prem that Chansiri thinks a club who has been in there bottom 3 of the Championship all season is worth £150m

Being stubborn can be a very positive characteristic, I frequently insist on this. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Londoner1867 said:

Stubborn>Stupid