2 minutes ago, Owl.1867 said:

This is basically what I'm saying though. I'm not saying that someone like Wright, Lineker, Neville etc shouldn't be on, but that they're best when complimented by a proper journalist rather than avoiding the journalist just because they didn't play at the top level.

We agree then 🤣, wasn’t Richard Keys a journalist before presenter? I do like Pougatch not sure on his background and Laura Woods obviously. 

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

We agree then 🤣, wasn’t Richard Keys a journalist before presenter? I do like Pougatch not sure on his background and Laura Woods obviously. 

Again, not to say that all journalists are good!

I'm just thinking of how other sports often have these journalists bringing it all together, while football is becoming obsessed with having to have played at a.certain level.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

One of the worst is Robbie Savage.

For some reason, he always commentators on Man U in Europe. Is this based off the fact he came through their system and his son was on their books too? 

Anyway, he's crap.

Him and Sutton have made 606 unlistenable.

Why they decided to partner them with each other instead of having one or the other alongside a journalist, I have no idea.

Their petty squabbles and point-scoring have ruined what was a great show.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Him and Sutton have made 606 unlistenable.

Why they decided to partner them with each other instead of having one or the other alongside a journalist, I have no idea.

Their petty squabbles and point-scoring have ruined what was a great show.

I’m surprised at that, I think they have great chemistry together, it’s the only time I like listening to Savage. I think Sutton is great

5 minutes ago, Owl.1867 said:

Again, not to say that all journalists are good!

I'm just thinking of how other sports often have these journalists bringing it all together, while football is becoming obsessed with having to have played at a.certain level.

This seems to be the route talksport have taken. 

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’m surprised at that, I think they have great chemistry together, it’s the only time I like listening to Savage. I think Sutton is great

It's not for me at all. I hate the way they belittle their guests, pick fights, and argue with each other.

I used to love 606 in its previous guises.

Sutton does a Fantasy 606 show as well, and he's good on there because he has two journalists to play the straight men to his more comedic persona.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don’t mind Sutton to be fair although I do think sometimes he tries to be too opinionated. Don't like Savage turned off City’s world club game other day because of him. Probably should’ve just turned it down. 

• Haha 1

I think pundits do one of two things 

Say things that are the general consensus that has you nodding along like a dog… yet it’s just sort of confirming what anyone with a brain can see…

Or

Say things against the grain to get people riled up 

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Match Of The Day 2 had Nedum Onuoha and Paul Robinson on the other day, and they were both excellent.

Eloquent, knowledgeable and easy to understand.

I'd like to see more of them.

Agreed. The complete opposite to the main Match of the Day show that had Keown and Dublin without an ounce of personality or original, intelligent insight between them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Agreed. The complete opposite to the main Match of the Day show that had Keown and Dublin without an ounce of personality or original, intelligent insight between them.

Keown is a pompous arse. Takes himself way too seriously. 

As for Dion, seems like a lovely bloke, but he's not a natural when it comes to punditry. 

They asked him about Man U on Saturday and he said something about how they are a good side and need to start playing again with smiles on their faces. 

Utter bilge really. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Perfect description of Dion.

Much prefer him telling us that we've got stairs going up to the bedrooms on Homes under the Hammer. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Match Of The Day 2 had Nedum Onuoha and Paul Robinson on the other day, and they were both excellent.

Eloquent, knowledgeable and easy to understand.

I'd like to see more of them.

Onuoha is brilliant. My favourite pundit 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Completely agree. Articulate, knowledgeable and funny at times. 

Explains really well why player's might have made a certain decision too, even if it looked wrong to the viewer. Amazing how few pundits actually do that.

17 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Don't like Pougatch.

He's very smarmy and sucks up to the others on the panel as if he's got the same playing experience as them.

One of the real plus points of this season is no longer having Jake Humphrey presenting on BT/TNT Sports anymore.

What an absolute melon head that bloke is.

Absolute Partridge and not in a good way.