Andre onana

MSN SYSOP

10 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

For a club like Manchester United he's so poor....Dean Henderson looks better and would United possibly make a move for ramsdale in January. 

Didn't Ten Hag say when they bought him it was because he's excellent with the ball at his feet, or something along those lines?

I know the modern GK is more technical and they have a varied distribution of passes etc. but surely the first attribute you look at, is how good they are at actually saving things... with their hands!

Goalkeepers spend every minute of their professional careers from their mid-teens through to their late 30's on training grounds and in training/playing environments. They need to be able to kick a ball as part of their job anyway.

I will never, ever understand why you'd sign a goalkeeper for his passing ability rather than just training an actual goalkeeper to pass it 10-15 yards. What does Onana do that Henderson can't, other than make an absolute balloon of himself every week on telly?

• Like 2

He appears to be a bit of a tw@t doesn't he? 

I get that keepers are supposed to be characters, but this guy must be just really annoying to play in front of.

I personally don't mind goalies not being able to play football; they are there to save shots,  command their area at set pieces and throw/kick the ball to someone on the same team as them..just like good ones used to do.

On 21/09/2023 at 14:00, overlandandsea said:

He’s looked so poor it’s unreal

maybe too much pressure for him 

was he any good before he went to utd? 

Outstanding for Inter last season for the most part. Had the odd erratic moment, but played a huge part (8 clean sheets) in them getting to the CL final. Inter fans were worried about trying to replace him when he left.

Does seem to be the pressure of the move to Man Utd getting to him. To say he's looked shaky would be very polite. Maybe in part due to teams pressing them more than he was used to at Inter last year and the fact that he's not playing behind a settled, confident defence like he did last season. Inter playing three at the back with wing-backs probably helped with them playing out from the back, there was always an out ball for him which there doesn't seem to be at United.

• Like 1