Mahrez

Off to Saudi Arabia.

In my mind one of the all time premier league great players.  Won the league with Leicester and a key part of the Pep Man City team . Always turned up in big games.  Rarely injured.  What a footballer.  Will be a shame to see him go , always a real pleasure to watch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Agreed

Thought it was a huge shame - and maybe a bit of a snub - that he didn't get on in the CL final

Personally thought he should have been the player to come on when KDB went off injured

Agree re CL final .  Suspect that made his mind up to leave.  Incredible Leicester bought him for 400 grand . I think I like him even more that he went from there to be a world class player over at least 6 seasons.

There isn’t an ounce of fat on him and he looked very good when he played last season.  Hopefully this isn’t the end of his career at the elite end of the game.  Ideally he can fill his boots in Saudi for 2 years then maybe a year or two in Italy for one of their top teams.  

We had tickets in the directors box at the King Power on the night they got promoted, or they may have already been promoted and this was the homecoming.

They played us off the park, a club at the start of a very special journey.

Mahrez walked into the lounge and it was electric, as a supporter of the opposition club I can't help but admit a little envy to what was unfolding thanks to the presence of players like Mahrez and Vardy.

Quality player and very underrated. Had he played for any other top 6 side he would have been the first name on the team sheet every week

City are going to be a lot weaker next season without Mahrez, Gundogan and possibly Bernardo Silva 

46 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

We had tickets in the directors box at the King Power on the night they got promoted, or they may have already been promoted and this was the homecoming.

They played us off the park, a club at the start of a very special journey.

Mahrez walked into the lounge and it was electric, as a supporter of the opposition club I can't help but admit a little envy to what was unfolding thanks to the presence of players like Mahrez and Vardy.

One of the greatest ever prem goals that summed up those 2 players.  Ridiculous touch and then a fantastic long ball from Mahrez, and the pace and confidence of vardy to lace it from there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scram said:

It's kinda strange how he never really got the main plaudits like say a Zola or a Bergkamp

He's definitely in that company imo

Without a doubt.  He is an all time great in the Premier League.  It is a shame he is leaving now. But helping his club win the treble- and of course rattling a hat trick in against the grunters in the semi final - isn’t a bad way to finish. 

15 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Incredible Leicester bought him for 400 grand . I think I like him even more that he went from there to be a world class player over at least 6 seasons.

When they were in the Championship as well, it could've been us. Well, if we didn't have a transfer limit of £350k.

16 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Incredible Leicester bought him for 400 grand . I think I like him even more that he went from there to be a world class player over at least 6 seasons.

A fantastic find by Leicester at the time, he was playing in French ligue 2 from 2011 to 2014, played 60 times and scored 6 goals.

If we were linked to that kind of player now we would have comments about how he's only managed 6 goals in 3 years in a league the same standard as league 1.   

Back in the days when we used to sign players,  it would be nice to have found a gem like that.  

• Like 1

Incredible player. The fact he wasn’t playing all the time for City is interesting. He scored big goals. I bet all other Prem clubs would play take him no question. 

I’m sure he’s rich already, but I’m kind of happy for him to get the move to Saudi. He’ll probably enjoy his personal life out there too. 

The way he’s achieved what he has is great.