Team for FGR

18 hours ago, deano said:

We don't rest anyone until the job is done. Make changes if and when we are comfortable. 

then you are asking for/risking INJURIES. vaulkes/smith looking a bit laboured to me, and obvs Bannan puts the yards in too.if you can't rest em (even for an hour) against your weakest (on paper) opponents then when???    

2 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

then you are asking for/risking INJURIES. vaulkes/smith looking a bit laboured to me, and obvs Bannan puts the yards in too.if you can't rest em (even for an hour) against your weakest (on paper) opponents then when???    

I certainly hope the players aren't taking 3 points at FGR for granted, because by not playing your best team that is what you are doing. 

If players have a niggle or advised by medical to have break then sure, otherwise we should go with our best available 11 and get the job done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I’m more nervous about this game than I was Barnsley.

Like we had to lose at some point. FGR have to win at some point too. Something like 16 without a win is ridiculously bad. 

In seasons gone by this is exactly the type of match we’d lose.

16 games and three months without a win! 

Things you don’t want to hear …….

If we were 24 unbeaten, coming in off a decent result against Barns we might be complacent or over confident.

After a mixed performance and a defeat, a bounce back win is to be expected, IMHO.

• Like 1

I’m certain the players will want to get straight back to winning ways? We’ve lost that monkeys off our back the pressure gone, they’ll want to right the wrongs from Tuesday night ! Despite our lacklustre start and gifting them 2 goals we then took control of most of the remaining game and if we’d taken our chances we’d have won! Expecting a professional performance Sunday 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I’m more nervous about this game than I was Barnsley.

Like we had to lose at some point. FGR have to win at some point too. Something like 16 without a win is ridiculously bad. 

In seasons gone by this is exactly the type of match we’d lose.

It’s more important if we lose, everyone secretly thinks we’ll come through this, imagine the melt downs that would come and the confidence our rivals would take if we do mess this one up. 

4 minutes ago, xploreowl said:

Start with Fizz, he’s just regaining his match fitness, he’s just a bit rusty, he’ll soon pick up his form,  still one of our highest scorers this season. 

Most things that start with a fizz usually go flat very quickly.....enough said

• Like 1

First time posting after many years of reading.

for something completely different, been coaching for many years/my gut feeling,

move Palmer to a Forward Striker he’s hungry he’s fast, with Shipston . Put Smith on the right midfield.. let them run at the defense, forcing the defenders to defend  more, leaving the midfield of ours open for longer shots.

8 minutes ago, Owls1963 said:

for something completely different, been coaching for many years/my gut feeling,

move Palmer to a Forward Striker he’s hungry he’s fast, with Shipston . Put Smith on the right midfield.. let them run at the defense, forcing the defenders to defend  more, leaving the midfield of ours open for longer shots.

Welcome to the site. For an opening post, that is quite something!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Owls1963 said:

Are you Garry Monk? lol

• Haha 1

On 22/03/2023 at 17:03, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Depends on the fitness like always ideally we’d have windass Byers etc ready let’s assume worst case and only wilks is available from the bench from what we’ve heard .

Dawson

iorfa

Flint

James 

Palmer

vaulks

Bannan

Bakinson

Johnson

Smith

Gregory

Subs

Stockdale

Hunt

Brown

Dele

Adenrian

Wilks

Famewo

this isn’t a famewo  dropping ( as he been excellent recently ) its simple rotation only other option is to put famewo central and bench flint , again nothing to do with performances just concerned we play Sunday Wednesday and then Saturday . Really need to be getting the likes of Pato windass Byers ikky all back asap . Hopefully all being well we are well clear after 65 mins and we can get the likes of Gregory / smith rested up and same for baz / one of the cbs 

That's my team as well.  We'll see loads of the ball on Sunday so I'd play James to bring it out from the left centre half spot and push Johnson forward.  

• Like 1

We have no need to make panic decisions and make whole sale changes.

I just feel of the players who have looked tired over the last 2 games then rest Flint, to the bench, and play Adeniran in midfield to give us some energy in that department, with James on the bench to replace him if needs be.

Sounds like they are suffering from injuries as much as we are.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/both-training-ground-product-pitch-8283780.amp

"We’re decimated with injuries, we’ve got suspensions, paper-thin squad but we’ll go out and be competitive"

Edited by striker