More 1-0 Away Wins please!

I couldn't get a ticket for Charlton, so I sat in a home stand with a Wednesday mate.

It takes away a lot of the enjoyment when you have to suppress your natural reactions: joy at the lads' beautiful football and togetherness, elation at goals, laughter at the ineptitude of the oppos. Worst of all is standing up and pretending to applaud if the oppos score.

But Charlton was fine. A one-nil win was perfect, with a dominant display and plenty of missed chances which took the energy out of their fans. The goal was so beautiful that it seemed right even among home fans to nod and say “That was really good”.

So a dominant 1-0 win every time I'm sitting with the home fans please lads.  I'm sorry this means we might miss out on 100 goals, but I'm sure you see it's for the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I once had to applaud three Leeds goals against us from the home stand at Elland Road.

I've had better days.

I think this is one misconception fans have in such a situation. We give humans more credit than we should.

Never have I stood up to celebrate a goal and thought “that bloke three rows in front isn’t clapping, must be an away fan”.

Similarly, in life, we are often embarrassed about what other people think about us when in reality they’re not giving us a second thought.

Dont know why I’ve gone deep for such an inconsequential comment as this.

sorry

lol

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think this is one misconception fans have in such a situation. We give humans more credit than we should.

Never have I stood up to celebrate a goal and thought “that bloke three rows in front isn’t clapping, must be an away fan”.

Similarly, in life, we are often embarrassed about what other people think about us when in reality they’re not giving us a second thought.

sorry

lol

No worries!

You're probably right.

I was just very keen not to get my head kicked in by the Leeds neanderthals, really.

Stressful defensive masterclasses that result in 1-0 wins does nothing for my ticker

Having had two heart attacks already

I'm always looking for us to get the 5th before half time

And a 6th and 7th early in the second half just to make sure

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

sorry

lol

i was sat in the Saints home seats when Windass scored our goal.  I was so angry Saints conceded that I shook my head! .  Whilst my hips and legs were celebrating… 

ACE2096C-6F63-41E0-824D-4403118A11C5.gif

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Stressful defensive masterclasses that result in 1-0 wins does nothing for my ticker

That's more like it!

8 more 0-5 away wins needed! lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

5-0 -  nightmare lead

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I once had to applaud three Leeds goals against us from the home stand at Elland Road.

I've had better days.

I was once in the home end at Elland Road, Wednesday went 1-0 up, then varney scored 2 for Leeds. 

Refused to stand up for their first, went to watch it under the stand after their second, ended up telling a Leeds fan to Jeff off cos he wunt shut up talking about Leeds at me. Went back to the pub then.

What a bad day out that was. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

I was once in the home end at Elland Road, Wednesday went 1-0 up, then varney scored 2 for Leeds. 

Refused to stand up for their first, went to watch it under the stand after their second, ended up telling a Leeds fan to Jeff off cos he wunt shut up talking about Leeds at me. Went back to the pub then.

What a bad day out that was. 

Relegation 6 pointer at Leicester I had to sit in home end. They went ahead, we missed penalty before equalising. All in first half.

Watched second on the concourse until Leon Clarke scored decisive goal and i legged it through the exit doors into Wednesday end

• Haha 1