Big Dunc

10 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Appointed new manager of Forest Green.

Doesn’t come across as a man who appreciates a McPlant…. Saying that, does anyone? 😂 

Good coup for them.

Anyone steps out of line, he knows how to McPlant one on someone

• Haha 3

Unrelated but SWFC decided to only sever vegen pies/food to away fans when Forest green cae to Hillsborough. LOL what are we doing? Apparently it because forest green is a vegen ground. 

All forest grren fans say is the only reason they go away is because they wat a meat pie. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, alanharper said:

A 51 year old with no previous permanent managerial experience appointed by a struggling club, but hey at least it's a fairly big name.

Can't see this one ending well, somehow. 

Well, every ex-player has to start somewhere. And he does have a bit of experience as caretaker with Everton, during which he acquitted himself reasonably well if memory serves.

I read an interview with him several months ago in which he discussed his managerial ambitions, and he came across as as someone who was keen to move into full time management and had given a fair bit of thought as to how he would go about things. He's clearly not too proud or entitled to only consider taking on big clubs, and for that he has my respect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flo said:

Unrelated but SWFC decided to only sever vegen pies/food to away fans when Forest green cae to Hillsborough. LOL what are we doing? Apparently it because forest green is a vegen ground. 

All forest grren fans say is the only reason they go away is because they wat a meat pie. 

Lad I used to work with is a FGR fan. He used to take a McDonald's with him to home games lol

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Well, every ex-player has to start somewhere. And he does have a bit of experience as caretaker with Everton, during which he acquitted himself reasonably well if memory serves.

I read an interview with him several months ago in which he discussed his managerial ambitions, and he came across as as someone who was keen to move into full time management and had given a fair bit of thought as to how he would go about things. He's clearly not too proud or entitled to only consider taking on big clubs, and for that he has my respect.

He was caretaker for 5 games at Everton in 2 spells (W1 D3 L1).  It's pretty unusual though for an ex player to not move into his first proper managerial role until 17 years after retiring from playing, apparently he just did nothing and "retired" to Majorca for 5 years after he stopped playing, until he got the youth coach role at Everton.