Commercial ideas

16 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I wonder if the fanzone is a pilot / test to see if there’s appetite for such a thing. 

Is the old wednesdayite car park going to be a retail park? If so, and the fanzone works, then maybe they will take a unit and create a Wednesday bar? 

I had the same thought yesterday,  obviously they’d like more room than they’ve got down there at present but you feel that’s been done temporarily to gauge interest 

And from what I’ve seen so far, it’s been packed out 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Again you're knocking it when it's brand new, working as a proof of concept (so if it works it'll no doubt get expanded/improved) and it's really poor to just attack something that our fans are already enjoying 

It's proving a success so far so let's keep using it, make it a success, and then the chairman might see that it's a concept that works well and invest properly in it

(I'm not sure but someone said it's a 3rd party that's put this fanzone together?)

They just need to grasp the bands/artists that they book need to be better. Local bands with a profile locally, and a social media reach would help bring people to the fanzone and make it busier and more of a success if they were playing rather than some bloke doing covers.  Proper bands make Fanzones succeed - as seen at other clubs.

The two lads on Wednesday night were OK, playing covers that people knew, and they probably did it for nowt. I'm not sure a local band playing their own songs that nobody knows would be an improvement.

No criticism from me, people were spending money at SWFC, enjoying themselves and it's working ( in the good weather at least)

This thread feels like I've gone on one of those investor forums where institutions pay weirdos to bash stocks and spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) to get people to sell their shares.

The Fanzone is a brilliant addition.

Life without Fanzone = £0

Life with Fanzone = £more

Don't listen to the Fanzone derampers.

They obviously have an agenda to see it fail.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

This thread feels like I've gone on one of those investor forums where institutions pay weirdos to bash stocks and spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) to get people to sell their shares. 

EXACTLY
His behaviour in this thread sticks out like that to me too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

The two lads on Wednesday night were OK, playing covers that people knew, and they probably did it for nowt. I'm not sure a local band playing their own songs that nobody knows would be an improvement. 

Yeah if your Fanzone is packed out then you can do that
If you need your Fanzone filling you put local bands on there and get them to spread the word via their social media networks as they have lots of local reach to Wednesday fans - therefore it cements the idea of the Fanzone being a good one with the Owls fans more

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Why has your grammar all of a sudden Gone all Big Guns Finlux Cup Real Realist ?

lol

My grammar depends on how many slurps ive had..but i remember the realist..the realrealist etc..thought they wer great posters..love to see em posting again🤙👍

30 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I went to the bar for a nice glass of 2004 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru and was told they don't sell it. Absolute disgrace.

I’d complain if I were you. How dare SWFC not stick £20k bottles of wine alongside carling ( I think it’s the vilest drink out there)

1 hour ago, The coach said:

My grammar depends on how many slurps ive had..but i remember the realist..the realrealist etc..thought they wer great posters..love to see em posting again🤙👍

Yeah

If only they were still here posting under different usernames but still having the slurp/grammar issues eh 😉

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

I went to the bar for a nice glass of 2004 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru and was told they don't sell it. Absolute disgrace.

They sell it in the Silverwood Working Mens club in Dalton.  The home of the famous Rotherham Owls.

They serve it free to the the ladies of the coach and packet of quavers chucked in as well. 

• Haha 1