Commercial ideas

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

The Owls’ recent drive to extend our local, national and international networking is paying rich dividends with over 80 global businesses already set to connect.

We club would like to thank every company who has sent in details so far – we are now in the process of contacting everyone by return to discover how best we can mutually help each other moving forward.

We are aiming to have as many businesses on board as possible, so if you are interested in joining our network, please email: commercial@swfc.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Thanks - I know this is appealing to businesses but I will email them in any case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope.

Gonna call em out and shut em up with facts

What facts are you firing at me to correct me, or shut me up?

I’ve stated it looks like it has been slung together by someone from MyBuilder and then finished off by kids from the local school using safety scissors.

it’s a piece of rolled out grass on the car park floor with some beer garden tables on top, come on. 

It looks like an airport bar with no roof, probably more expensive too, everyone’s having such a good time I can see 2 people smiling. 

Fanzones aren’t meant to look like this, like cattle herded into a pen. Wheres the cover from the sun for those not wanting to sit in blazing heat, where the entertainment for the kids robotic goalie and $hit like that, merchandise stands.

Ive heard Chansiris promises before so I won’t hang my hat on “if you use it I’ll make it better”

• Like 1

I nipped down 5 minutes before HT, grabbed a water and returned to my seat. Woman on the Kop kiosk, upstairs, Kudos to you!

There's some hard working personalities at Wednesday who deserve praise. 

Get behind the project (fanzone), it'll grow over time.

I'd like to see some none alcoholic options 😎

• Like 2

I heat like yesterday the club should be handing out free bottles of water to the fans. 

Think of it as a humanitarian gesture that would cost very little. They've known it was going to be a hot one for at least a week. Look after  your customers, it will pay dividends

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.webp

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Fanzone idea

It's been needed and called for for years now and now it's here it just needs supporting

It's early days but the concept of it is sound and is a huge success at other clubs and we should back it, use it, and help grow it

Good idea when it’s nice weather; hence why they are used in summer tournaments.  Good for 2-4 months of the year, normally. 

Must admit I was slightly sceptical when the fanzone was announced, but I am more than happy to have been proved wrong. The club are doing a good job at advertising on the website and giving out opening hours/reminders that it is card only. It is a great use of space. 

Fans are more than just middle aged beer drinking men.

Non drinkers, kids, foodies, women, general football fans.

Big hype around the England women winning euro 2022. 

Yet we cater for the beer drinkers only.

Why no kids entertainment, robotic keeper, fastest shot machine or even kicking balls into circle cut outs to win prizes (shirts, merchandise)

Juice bars, Mocktails, Milkshakes, Iced drinks.

Food, were Beres approached and asked if a deal could be worked out to put a food stand there, German bratwursts sell well similar to Sheffield Xmas market. Ice creams stands would have done well yesterday, we have a Thai owner, a Thai street food stand would have probably been ok and they are extremely popular at the minute. 

Signed merchandise by current and former players, meet and greet with a former player.

You have companies like The Terrace life selling retro Wednesday gear. Could they have been approached and offered a stand, try and get some of their stuff signed by former players to sell at a premium.

Why not go and get the old trophies out and place them on a stand, for people to see, photograph. Charge people to have there photo taken with them.

From the pictures I’ve seen, would I take my kids in there. Nope.

Would I take my missus in there. Probably not. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Why no kids entertainment, robotic keeper, fastest shot machine or even kicking balls into circle cut outs to win prizes (shirts, merchandise)

Food, were Beres approached and asked if a deal could be worked out to put a food stand there, German bratwursts sell well similar to Sheffield Xmas market. Ice creams stands would have done well yesterday, we have a Thai owner, a Thai street food stand would have probably been ok and they are extremely popular at the minute. 

Signed merchandise by current and former players, meet and greet with a former player.

You have companies like The Terrace life selling retro Wednesday gear. Could they have been approached and offered a stand, try and get some of their stuff signed by former players to sell at a premium.

Why not go and get the old trophies out and place them on a stand, for people to see, photograph. Charge people to have there photo taken with them.

Thank God u won't be attending no need to post anymore on the subject 

1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

Must admit I was slightly sceptical when the fanzone was announced, but I am more than happy to have been proved wrong. The club are doing a good job at advertising on the website and giving out opening hours/reminders that it is card only. It is a great use of space. 

Exactly

It'll grow in time if it's used 

(and it's being used at lot!)

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Some good ideas there mate

I think with it being so new you should put your ideas forward instead of being angry and slating it

They're actually open to conversations on how to improve the Fanzone and they'd welcome your input and ideas

Turn your percieved negative into a positive and put forward a list of ideas to the club mate - your ideas could benefit everyone and hopefully make it a Fanzone you'd want to go to yourself!

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

is it brand new? YES
Is it something we've asked/screamed for for years? YES
Is it open? YES

Is it popular? YES
Is it making SWFC money? YES
Is it perfect? NO
Do the club claim it's perfect? NO
Will they listen to suggestions? YES
Will it be improved over time? YES

Is there anything in the above list that can be disputed or moaned about? NO

Get behind it

Make it successful

Watch it grow

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Some good ideas there mate

I think with it being so new you should put your ideas forward instead of being angry and slating it

They're actually open to conversations on how to improve the Fanzone and they'd welcome your input and ideas

Turn your percieved negative into a positive and put forward a list of ideas to the club mate - your ideas could benefit everyone and hopefully make it a Fanzone you'd want to go to yourself!

Neil, I’m not angry at all. Apologies if it comes across that way.

To be fair, it’s a little embarrassing if anything. 

I just think a club of our size would have been able to come up with something better to accommodate all fans, not just beer drinkers.

In regards to emailing the club or putting my ideas forward, I shouldn’t have to. If those who are employed to sort this type of thing are relying on basic input from fans then they shouldn’t be in the job in the first place.

It is a good idea, but could have and should have been executed better to cater for all.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac_77 said:

Neil, I’m not angry at all. Apologies if it comes across that way.

To be fair, it’s a little embarrassing if anything. 

I just think a club of our size would have been able to come up with something better to accommodate all fans, not just beer drinkers.

In regards to emailing the club or putting my ideas forward, I shouldn’t have to. If those who are employed to sort this type of thing are relying on basic input from fans then they shouldn’t be in the job in the first place.

It is a good idea, but could have and should have been executed better to cater for all.

So you just want to moan?

Ok then

Carry on as you were

🤦🏼‍♂️

(Ive emailed my suggestions in and am hoping they'll implement them - took me 2 minutes - less than the time it's took you to moan about it)

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you just want to moan?

Ok then

Carry on as you were

🤦🏼‍♂️

(Ive emailed my suggestions in and am hoping they'll implement them - took me 2 minutes - less than the time it's took you to moan about it)

Neil, I’m not moaning.

Its embarrassing and I’ve poked fun at it for my own amusement.

Edited by Mac_77