Commercial ideas

I think the club have done some good stuff in recent times to increase commercial revenue but sitting on the Kop today gave me an idea.

When I visited Charlton away a few years ago they had people selling drinks from barrels full of ice to ensure they sold as many as possible and before there were a few on top of the usual refreshment stands it meant that if you wanted a drink you could buy one.

Compare that to today when I wanted a bottle of cold pop in the hot weather and couldn’t buy one because of the queues without missing the start of the second half.

Sometimes I don’t even bother at half time because of the queues and this is even worse on the Kop - sure there are plenty more like me. Should we not do something similar in order to secure another easy revenue stream?

No brainier to me and surprised the club haven’t it (particularly on the Kop where the facilities are terrible). An easy win, increased revenue and improvement of the fans experience...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately the commercial side of the club is an absolute joke.

Driving past Hillsborough the other day I saw a rolled out piece of artificial grass, 10 or so barrels (looked like something on special offer from B&M) and a shed.

Then realised this was a fanzone 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Juni said:

Who Is the commercial manager and can he/she actually make improvements under DC. 

There's so many revenue opportunities the club is missing out on.

What like?
The team at SWFC are doing more than they've done in the last 15 years to be fair to them 
They've also appealed to people with ideas/contacts to get in touch as they're keen to explore them

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Large.jpg

The Owls’ recent drive to extend our local, national and international networking is paying rich dividends with over 80 global businesses already set to connect.

We club would like to thank every company who has sent in details so far – we are now in the process of contacting everyone by return to discover how best we can mutually help each other moving forward.

We are aiming to have as many businesses on board as possible, so if you are interested in joining our network, please email: commercial@swfc.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.webp

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Fanzone idea

It's been needed and called for for years now and now it's here it just needs supporting

It's early days but the concept of it is sound and is a huge success at other clubs and we should back it, use it, and help grow it

I’m not knocking the idea, but why not do it properly.

It’s a temporary structure thrown up to get a few quid extra out of fans. Bits of 2x4 screwed together and FANZONE cut out of plastic, which school won that competition then????

If this was sat outside NY stadium or Bramall lane we’d be having a birthday on here.

They’ll be doing car boots next 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

It’s a temporary structure thrown up to get a few quid extra out of fans. Bits of 2x4 screwed together and FANZONE cut out of plastic, which school won that competition then????

If this was sat outside NY stadium or Bramall lane we’d be having a birthday on here.

Again you're knocking it when it's brand new, working as a proof of concept (so if it works it'll no doubt get expanded/improved) and it's really poor to just attack something that our fans are already enjoying 

It's proving a success so far so let's keep using it, make it a success, and then the chairman might see that it's a concept that works well and invest properly in it

(I'm not sure but someone said it's a 3rd party that's put this fanzone together?)

They just need to grasp the bands/artists that they book need to be better. Local bands with a profile locally, and a social media reach would help bring people to the fanzone and make it busier and more of a success if they were playing rather than some bloke doing covers.  Proper bands make Fanzones succeed - as seen at other clubs.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again you're knocking it when it's brand new, working as a proof of concept (so if it works it'll no doubt get expanded/improved) and it's really poor to just attack something that our fans are already enjoying 

It's proving a success so far so let's keep using it, make it a success, and then the chairman might see that it's a concept that works well and invest properly in it

(I'm not sure but someone said it's a 3rd party that's put this fanzone together?)

Leave the negative posters to just get on with their whinging 

8 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Then, when the weather turns everyone will slaughter to the club for overspending on something that might have minimum use

From the photo it doesnt look like youd squeeze many more fans in, by spending extra cash on a slightly posher sign.

• Like 2