Ronaldo Wanting To Leave Man U

Who would take him? 

He's 37 and the whole thing is just a massive vanity, stat peddling project now. 

Yes, he still scores a shed load of goals, but he can't press, can't track back, throws a hissy fit if he does not start or get subbed off, seems to think he's bigger than whatever club he's contracted to. 

Oh, and you have to pay him around 500k a week for the privilege. But yes, he will likely make that back in shirt sales, endorsements and social media. 

• Like 2

If I was them I'd be shipping him off to who ever is willing to buy him and pay his £500k a week wages.

Yes he's good, yes he scores goals but that club is in a complete mess and needs a complete overhaul. That won't happen as long as you have players at the club who think they're bigger than the club, manager and other players. 

They've shipped on out in Pogba, time to get the other one out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Yes he's good, yes he scores goals but that club is in a complete mess and needs a complete overhaul. That won't happen as long as you have players at the club who think they're bigger than the club, manager and other players. 

I always thought OGS downfall really started with Ronaldo's signing. Clearly done over his head, and once Ronaldo was on board there was pressure to shuffle the rest of the team around to accommodate him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I always thought OGS downfall really started with Ronaldo's signing. Clearly done over his head, and once Ronaldo was on board there was pressure to shuffle the rest of the team around to accommodate him.

I said similar at the time.

Don't get me wrong, OGS was the wrong man for that job and should have been replaced before last season started. But bringing Ronny back was just pure desperation and they expected him to carry the team.

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Similar for Ralf Rangnick - no one was going to side with him over Ronny 

And I like Ronaldo, but he seems hard work to deal with 

It's all about him. 

Those poor Man U fans who honestly thought he was coming back out of love and loyalty. 

I mean, he was on the verge of joining City before United jumped in, but that did not suit the narrative at the time. 

Regarding the whole GOAT thing, I get the sense that Messi might just sack it off after this season (one more World Cup), whilst I think Ronaldo will just keep going and going sort of Romario style. 

I bet he regrets not going to Man City. 

This might play into his thinking now (along with what his sponsors want) 

He hasn’t got the time left to be messing about with ‘projects’ like Man U…  in his defence he gave Man U a chance, in a fashion, and they were a car crash last season. They could’ve got Conte and finished in the top 4 but went for a bizarre interim manager. 

Replacing Lewandowski does make some sense. If anything I actually don't think Ronaldo gets enough credit for the way he's just casually become a truly great classic goal poaching centre forward in his late 30's. He's not the same player as Lewa, but Bayern might not find anyone better to replace that ruthlessness infront of goal.

It's the last of the big 4 European leagues for him to win, too. 

• Like 1

It feels like Chelsea could go for him..: a big statement from the new owners. 

Chelsea do have more global appeal than I often consider, and Ronny wouldn’t have to move his family again to another country. 

Chelsea with Ronaldo and Sterling playing for them would be an unusual sight to see. 

Confirmation that Chelsea are no longer interested in signing the 37-year-old has reduced his options away from Old Trafford.

BBC Sport understands the Portugal forward will reject a huge offer to play in Saudi Arabia because he wants to keep playing at the highest possible level

The offer was £30m to United and around £275m for Ronaldo. 

Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid remain possibilities for the former Real Madrid player, as does staying at United.