Liam Shaw

6 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I honestly can’t believe some of the comments on this thread.

I’m not desperate for him back or anything, I’m just not completely filled with bitterness and hatred for him which it seems like some grown men on here actually are.

He left for completely understandable reasons. 
Some people take football and supporting Wednesday far too seriously.

It’s like all rational perspective goes out of the window. he’s just a young lad trying to make his way in life.

Just say you wouldn’t mind him back or you’re not fussed about him back. No need to be nasty, it’s weird more than anything else and make you look weird for writing it. 

Yep. Lad made a decision he felt right at the time. Keep in mind when he made that decision we were hurtling towards League One and not paying staff on time. 

I was worried about the future of the club  and I’m sure Shaw was looking at it and thinking now is a good time to get out. Don’t blame him.

Hindsight is wonderful. Yet there’s still time for him to come good. 

• Like 3

Despite a few instances of naivety thought he looked better in a back 3 for us.

He’s the type of player we should be looking to loan in to bolster the defence. Him personally though, I’d say he’d be behind Brennan now in our squad if he came in. 

• Like 1

I felt that whilst the club was not proactive he let us down moving to Scotland which cost us compensation and a decent prospect. He’s gone backwards as has Urhoghide, they’d have both been league one regulars I suspect. 

Wouldn’t close the door on him as I rated him but wouldn’t be doing any loan favours hed have to come back as a young player on our books.

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hang on mate, he didn’t believe his own hype! 
He just got offered the chance to join a massive club and took it, the one he was playing for was getting relegated and not paying players at the time .

is that how you mind works, if they leave Wednesday you can just say whatever you want about people.

club was vindicated - we did offer him a contract so not like we encouraged him to walk away.?

letting him stew will be a good lesson for younger people ? God your a nasty piece of work aren’t you. 

What a completely horrible person you must be! 

Sorry Liam but we've moved on now. Enjoy your time in Motherwell, you'll always be welcome back at Hillsborough, on the terraces of course as a paying customer.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I know for a fact he will give his all for the team he supports 

He didn't previously though did he. I don't wish the lad no ill, good luck to him, but he made his decision and left, we've moved on and he needs to as well. What message does bringing him back send to the younger players? That they can leave and if it doesn't work out they can come back. Nope, the club got this spot on.

I wish him all the best in his career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Absolutely not.
Let his experience be an example to our other young players.
Chased the money only to find himself playing reserve football before being loaned out, a long way from home to a team they never wanted to play for.
At the time he could have earned himself a place in our midfield but now we have rebuilt I don’t see a place for him.

This

19 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Despite a few instances of naivety thought he looked better in a back 3 for us.

He’s the type of player we should be looking to loan in to bolster the defence. Him personally though, I’d say he’d be behind Brennan now in our squad if he came in. 

He was awful in defence

20 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Look, Liam is an Owl ok, he's also got a job as a footballer and in any job you want to earn as much money as you can, Celtic is a Massive club who play in Europe every year and win trophies it was a no brainer to try his luck there, it doesn't mean he's a traitor to us ffs, we can't blame a fellow owl for earning a living and me personally would love him back because I know for a fact he will give his all for the team he supports 

Do you think he's good enough to get into our first 11 or even 16 ?.

2 hours ago, Tommy Tinman said:

Heard that he is home sick and I no he left us for better money and all that , but l think he could really shine with us , just try a 6 month lone and see how things go 

Never look back, he had his chance.

Guest Willow Owl
25 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Look, Liam is an Owl ok, he's also got a job as a footballer and in any job you want to earn as much money as you can, Celtic is a Massive club who play in Europe every year and win trophies it was a no brainer to try his luck there, it doesn't mean he's a traitor to us ffs, we can't blame a fellow owl for earning a living and me personally would love him back because I know for a fact he will give his all for the team he supports 

I would give my all for Wednesday, doesn’t mean I’m good enough. Shaw’s ship has sailed, but being an Owl he’s welcome to watch the club anytime. 
No malice from me but wouldn’t have him back either. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
17 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Sorry Liam but we've moved on now. Enjoy your time in Motherwell, you'll always be welcome back at Hillsborough, on the terraces of course as a paying customer.

I’m not Liam Shaw and you’re not funny, 

given by your name my guess would be your at least in your 50’s and to write a horrible post like that is the stuff I would expect of 7 year old… and a horrible 7 year old at that. 
You can’t go off like that in this day and age and why would you want to? Why do you hate a 20 something year old for going to Celtic, why do you want his career to take a nose dive because he left us ? why does that wrankle you so much that you want it to serve as some sort of warning to any young players who might want to leave us in the future?

I’ll tell you why, because your a horrible, bitter, nasty weirdo! 
Grow up and f*** off! 
D!ckH3ad!
happy to get an Owlstalk banning order for this one Neil, get posters like this one off here . Got to be some sort of standards haven’t there ? 

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I’m not Liam Shaw and you’re not funny, 

given by your name my guess would be your at least in your 50’s and to write a horrible post like that is the stuff I would expect of 7 year old… and a horrible 7 year old at that. 
You can’t go off like that in this day and age and why would you want to? Why do you hate a 20 something year old for going to Celtic, why do you want his career to take a nose dive because he left us ? why does that wrankle you so much that you want it to serve as some sort of warning to any young players who might want to leave us in the future?

I’ll tell you why, because your a horrible, bitter, nasty weirdo! 
Grow up and f*** off! 
D!ckH3ad!
happy to get an Owlstalk banning order for this one Neil, get posters like this one off here . Got to be some sort of standards haven’t there ? 

😂😂😂 Suck it up sn, err I mean buttercup. Oh, and I can go off all I like, this day and age or not. That's freedom for you.

Guest DoesJackHunt
26 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

He didn't previously though did he. I don't wish the lad no ill, good luck to him, but he made his decision and left, we've moved on and he needs to as well. What message does bringing him back send to the younger players? That they can leave and if it doesn't work out they can come back. Nope, the club got this spot on.

I wish him all the best in his career.

What you on about you complete mentalist