Liam Shaw

The lad made a mistake it happens all the time in professional football.

I'd have him back,get his confidence back and tell him to fight for his place.

After all everyone was raving about him before he went for the pound signs.

Could be a shrewd move to bring him back for a year on loan,see where he ends up,especially in this division.

• Like 2

Absolutely not.
Let his experience be an example to our other young players.
Chased the money only to find himself playing reserve football before being loaned out, a long way from home to a team they never wanted to play for.
At the time he could have earned himself a place in our midfield but now we have rebuilt I don’t see a place for him.

• Like 3

Think he’d do ok for Rotherham especially next year when they are in league 1 

he should go there and  sign a two year deal 

gets him back home, we all know what happens after that if he shines 

the ship has sailed ,maybe worksop town or hallam fc could take him on.  it was his dream to play for swfc but he soon jumped ship it was really about his passion for easy cash , there aint many owls supporters what would want him back anyways 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baytan Blue said:

The lad made a mistake it happens all the time in professional football.

I'd have him back,get his confidence back and tell him to fight for his place.

After all everyone was raving about him before he went for the pound signs.

Could be a shrewd move to bring him back for a year on loan,see where he ends up,especially in this division.

Why on earth would we bring him back on loan?

He does well (which probably means we’ve had a severe injury crisis in midfield), he goes back to Celtic and they sell him. He doesn’t, we waste a loan. There’s nothing in it for Wednesday.

He made a mistake. That’s life. We’re no charity, or shouldn’t be. He works at Celtic, or looks elsewhere: league two if he’s lucky.

Of course, there is an alternative.

He could ask Celtic to cancel his contract: I think they’d happily do that. Although I doubt that Moore would agree to such a move, he could then come back on the terms offered 15 months ago. But would  Shaw take that? I suspect he’d prefer the money from the remainder of his contract at Celtic. 

• Like 1

I didn't mind him going to Celtic, it would be a rare teenager whose head wouldn't be turned by an offer from a club that big.

However, I wouldn't want him back because I didn't rate him that highly when he was with us and don't think he'd be good enough for us now. Saw a little bit of him when he was at Motherwell and he didn't look up to the standard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

why? At least shaw looked decent before he went to celtic. Alex Hunt has never looked anywhere near good enough 

Hunt has hardly ever been given a decent opportunity to show what he can do, mainly because he's battling BB for a place in the team. There will be few opportunities for him now, unless we hit a serious injury crisis, and if that were the case, I'd like to see how he coped, rather than giving a second chance to Liam Shaw.

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

why? At least shaw looked decent before he went to celtic. Alex Hunt has never looked anywhere near good enough 

ive not worked it out regards alex hunt spoke to 1-2 in the know and they say he will never make it he just isnt big or good enough . shaw was not decent he had 1-2 decent games but also got sent off stupidly in 2 games costing us points which at the end of that season meant relegation . 

Guest DoesJackHunt
59 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Why? Have to ask. He wouldn't get a game. He believed his own hype, thought he was worth more which he wasn't. The club got pilloried for watching him walk away, only to be eventually vindicated. If anything, leaving him to stew is quite a good lesson for the present younger players. Bringing him back wouldn't be, it'd just encourage others to do the same. 

Hang on mate, he didn’t believe his own hype! 
He just got offered the chance to join a massive club and took it, the one he was playing for was getting relegated and not paying players at the time .

is that how you mind works, if they leave Wednesday you can just say whatever you want about people.

club was vindicated - we did offer him a contract so not like we encouraged him to walk away.?

letting him stew will be a good lesson for younger people ? God your a nasty piece of work aren’t you. 

What a completely horrible person you must be! 

Liam Shaw is a good player with combination of physical and technical attributes that don't come across very often especially at this level.

Lennon brought him in and after He got sacked, new manager doesn't seem interested in developing him or sees him as a future first team player. They loaned him to Motherwell who never played him as they already have zillion midfielders on their books and were more interested in giving them playing time.

i don't blame him for leaving the club, but wouldn't want him back as we moved on and have next bunch of talent to develop.

I can see him signing for a club like Barnsley, doing well there and kickstarting his career.

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt

I honestly can’t believe some of the comments on this thread.

I’m not desperate for him back or anything, I’m just not completely filled with bitterness and hatred for him which it seems like some grown men on here actually are.

He left for completely understandable reasons. 
Some people take football and supporting Wednesday far too seriously.

It’s like all rational perspective goes out of the window. he’s just a young lad trying to make his way in life.

Just say you wouldn’t mind him back or you’re not fussed about him back. No need to be nasty, it’s weird more than anything else and make you look weird for writing it. 

Look, Liam is an Owl ok, he's also got a job as a footballer and in any job you want to earn as much money as you can, Celtic is a Massive club who play in Europe every year and win trophies it was a no brainer to try his luck there, it doesn't mean he's a traitor to us ffs, we can't blame a fellow owl for earning a living and me personally would love him back because I know for a fact he will give his all for the team he supports