Attendances next season

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure - I think maybe a few fans will be switching from season tickets to pay on the day

Can't see there being much difference - and could even see attendances increase if we get off to a cracking start

garymegson

10 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure what the standard match day prices will be next season, but unfortunately can see attendances being quite a bit lower for 2 reasons: 

1) We are by enlarge out of the pandemic, this time last year people were still not able to attend sporting events. The novelty has probably worn off by now. 

2) Well we all know there is an anti moore brigade - at least at the beginning of last season, people were far too confident IMO that we would bounce straight back up. Now it looks like there’s going to be quite a few out the door who could have played a big part in us going up (Luongo, Hutch et ap). 

Thoughts?

Being still in the pandemic for part of last season will have put some off going, maybe some didn't renew their season tickets this time last year because of it. 

I think season ticket sales will be up but walk ups on day will depend on how well we are doing. 

We should have some decent followings from visiting teams, Bolton, Ipswich, Derby, Barnsley, Mansfield/Port Vale, Bristol Rovers,  Portsmouth, Lincoln and Sunderland if they don't go up will all bring a few. 

Still got clubs that will bring a bus full, likes of Accrington, Burton, Morecambe, Fleetwood. 

11 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure what the standard match day prices will be next season, but unfortunately can see attendances being quite a bit lower for 2 reasons: 

1) We are by enlarge out of the pandemic, this time last year people were still not able to attend sporting events. The novelty has probably worn off by now. 

2) Well we all know there is an anti moore brigade - at least at the beginning of last season, people were far too confident IMO that we would bounce straight back up. Now it looks like there’s going to be quite a few out the door who could have played a big part in us going up (Luongo, Hutch et ap). 

Thoughts?

rubbish , attendances wont drop for those reasons . the cost of living might start having more of an effect towards xmas which might impact attendances then ,but nothing to do with novelty wearing off . be nice if the novelty of idiots running on the pitch and smashing each other up inside and outside of grounds ends though

19 hours ago, Daz said:

All about signings, performances and results - with results being the main determining factor.

If we are doing well, people will turn up. If we are drawing or losing too many games, people will not come out and pay.

Spot on.

anything other than being in the top 6 attendances will go down, top 2 they will go up.

DM did a good job last season , I would have taken top 10 we finished 4th , the bar is now higher, promotion and nothing less.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Thoughts?

In my opinion we didn’t get what we wanted but we were dam close, resulting in a good 22-23k hard core of fans. From what I’ve been told the caliber if players that we are after, I’m sure that will increase to 25-26k. #uto 

Rubbish.Attendances will roughly be the same ,we are Wednesday ,loyal and proud,there will be very little difference in attendances,football is part of our lives and will remain so,we are on a cyclical role, which  is on its way upwards  🙂

• Like 1

We are going to be top two all season long so I’m expecting a decent increase on last seasons crowds. The only dip might be be for the last three of four home games because we will have been promoted with a record points total before then and people will be a bit blasé about it all at that point…

The rising cost of living will leave money with less disposable income. If the team isn't winning or entertaining numbers will drop off significantly IMO. In short we'd better not be producing the negative performances that were evident last September-October or the away leg of the Play-off at Sunderland.

Guest Musttryharder
On 20/05/2022 at 23:21, Sefton owl said:

Thoughts?

I think quite a few would have been put off by the performances in the play offs with Sunderland. Not a great advert in retaining or trying to persuade fans back. Again another big game where the players didn't turn up. 

Guest Musttryharder
On 21/05/2022 at 07:34, GermanBird said:

I believe that the numbers will increase.

• Two sold out games at Hillsborough,
  • party atmosphere at MK Dons with lots of videos going viral
  • attacking football with many goals,
  • players, who enjoy playing for us 

I don't believe that anybody would want to miss out next season.

Of course they wouldn't. This league is a hoot. 

On 21/05/2022 at 09:20, @owlstalk said:

Not sure - I think maybe a few fans will be switching from season tickets to pay on the day

Can't see there being much difference - and could even see attendances increase if we get off to a cracking start

If they want to pay cash we ban them.

On 20/05/2022 at 23:21, Sefton owl said:

at least at the beginning of last season, people were far too confident IMO that we would bounce straight back up

No there wasn't there were a lot of people who said we'd drop through to Lge 2 and most of those are the anti-Moore lot gutted to be wrong

• Thanks 1