Attendances next season

Not sure what the standard match day prices will be next season, but unfortunately can see attendances being quite a bit lower for 2 reasons: 

1) We are by enlarge out of the pandemic, this time last year people were still not able to attend sporting events. The novelty has probably worn off by now. 

2) Well we all know there is an anti moore brigade - at least at the beginning of last season, people were far too confident IMO that we would bounce straight back up. Now it looks like there’s going to be quite a few out the door who could have played a big part in us going up (Luongo, Hutch et ap). 

Thoughts?

• Haha 5

I think for most part it will be similar, 19-21K hopefully nearer 21 if we're top 6.

Don't think DC has done enough to encourage fans to part with cash and while there is some DM unrest, in the main, there has been a good (yet quiet) feel to Hillsborough and it's been a surprisingly enjoyable experience watching us this year so far.

• Like 6

All about signings, performances and results - with results being the main determining factor.

If we are doing well, people will turn up. If we are drawing or losing too many games, people will not come out and pay.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure what the standard match day prices will be next season, but unfortunately can see attendances being quite a bit lower for 2 reasons: 

1) We are by enlarge out of the pandemic, this time last year people were still not able to attend sporting events. The novelty has probably worn off by now. 

2) Well we all know there is an anti moore brigade - at least at the beginning of last season, people were far too confident IMO that we would bounce straight back up. Now it looks like there’s going to be quite a few out the door who could have played a big part in us going up (Luongo, Hutch et ap). 

Thoughts?

I’ve just looked outside and it’s really dark: what if the sun doesn’t come up in the morning?

EVERYBODY PANIC!

WTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Having just missed out, rightly there is going to be more pressure and expectation next season - as should be the case for the biggest club in the division with significantly more resources than most. 

It's not going to be easy, as we know this league is a battle, but we should not dilute the expectation of automatic promotion. I don't take it for granted, but I expect us to be challenging around the top 2 all season. I'd expect the Chairman, manager and players to have similar expectations and we have to take our game to teams away from home more, if we want to get more points than last season. 

• Like 4

I believe that the numbers will increase.

• Two sold out games at Hillsborough,
  • party atmosphere at MK Dons with lots of videos going viral
  • attacking football with many goals,
  • players, who enjoy playing for us 

I don't believe that anybody would want to miss out next season.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Attendances next season, like most seasons, will be influenced mainly by results and performances. 

The pandemic and keeping Moore / losing Luongo and others will have a much smaller impact (near zero) than the cost of living crisis.

I suspect that attendances will hold up on last year, due to the positivity generated over the last few months, at least until a few results influence attendances one way or the other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Honest answer is we need an upgrade on Hutchinson and luongo...if moore gets a good time in transfers this summer then attendance will take care of itself. 

If we got an upgrade on those two we would be playing in the Championship, can't see many players of that quality wanting to play in League One

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If we got an upgrade on those two we would be playing in the Championship, can't see many players of that quality wanting to play in League One

We have to bring in good ambitious young players and mould them into luongos etc 

• Like 2

Does anyone know how many season tickets we’ve sold? I’d expect season ticket numbers to be down a bit after all the phases and the early bird deadline before Christmas.

And the season tickets on sale now in the final phase are over priced.

I think we’ll still get 25k+ against Derby and Barnsley but could be down around 15-16k for some of the mid season Tuesday night games

9 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Thoughts?

Not sure - I think maybe a few fans will be switching from season tickets to pay on the day

Can't see there being much difference - and could even see attendances increase if we get off to a cracking start

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

The other unknown quantity is where this fuel, energy, cost of living crisis takes us next winter. There will be some who have to give up some things just to make ends meet. Hopefully with strong season ticket sales, we will keep our attendances fairly constant at 20k+, but I’m not totally confident on that. 

• Like 1

Bottom line fans want to see a winning team

If the team is winning, playing good football and are in contention then the crowds will be around the same

Derby (sorry Wayne Rooneys derby) are this seasons novelty team so hopefully the cup final attitude of some teams might have worn off a bit as well

• Like 1