Billy Sharpe

14 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

All depends if they caught him last night in the clothes he did it in. if he binned the jacket somewhere it's gonna be hard to prove it was him. 

Plenty of cameras in and around the ground. He'll have been wearing that jacket on his way in. Plus, if he's got his ticket on him, they can narrow down the entrance he used to get in. 

Then all they have to do is match the face and the outfit and bam, solid evidence. 

33 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Just listened to Heckingbottom......

Obviously nobody would condone what happened to Sharp and I'm sure the culprit will be identified and punished. I can't help but think the lack of control shown by Heckingbottom on the sideline and some of their physicality set the tone for something of this nature to happen. He couldn't control his own temper during the game so perhaps not best placed to condemn what happened. 

Doesn't excuse it in any way but everyone's actions have consequences. 

What a ridiculous comment. How are you going to blame Heckingbottom throwing a ball at a player to a fan headbutting an unaware Billy Sharp?

The fan chose to do that. The blame is on him. Nobody else.

• Like 4

Inexcusable in my view. How would you feel if this happened to you at work? You’re in construction or a road worker, doing your job and someone attacks you without provocation? From the side, without warning or cause?

As a fan base with a bit of “class”, every Wednesdayite ought to join me in condemning this cowardly attack. Like I said, inexcusable.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Plenty of cameras in and around the ground. He'll have been wearing that jacket on his way in. Plus, if he's got his ticket on him, they can narrow down the entrance he used to get in. 

Then all they have to do is match the face and the outfit and bam, solid evidence. 

Fair enough mate. The video i've seen you cant distinguish the face well enough to ID the fella.

Worse thing for me was he wasn't even looking! Spineless behaviour.  

Hopefully he's caught and gets padded up with a big nasty Blade. 

3 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Fair enough mate. The video i've seen you cant distinguish the face well enough to ID the fella.

Absolutely, I hope they throw the book at him and make an example. 

Doesn't belong in the game.

Not that it matters in the big picture, but what kind of fan attacks a former player who has never even said a bad word about the club. What a tool.

Unnecessary, a football fan should be celebrating his teams victory.

This is the action of a cowardly moron, who hopefully won't be in a football stadium again.

Also, to hand the moral high ground to a scummy club like United is disappointing.

Going to jail for that without doubt.  It was vicious and unprovoked. 
I would go as far as making forest play their opening fixtures next season with no forest fans. There has to be an end to this sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Unnecessary, a football fan should be celebrating his teams victory.

That’s the most bizarre thing for me - at what should be the height of this morons happiness, he instead feels like doing something incredibly violent. 

Not even got half a brain. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Arrested mate...

22 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It would absolutely brilliant if they won. Clubs need to start facing the consequences of the actions of their fans. 

Tell me how a club can be responsible for a nutcase running on the pitch with 15k others ? 

What can they do differently to stop it happening ?

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Going to jail for that without doubt.  It was vicious and unprovoked. 
I would go as far as making forest play their opening fixtures next season with no forest fans. There has to be an end to this sort of thing.

or better still play at Wembley with no forest fans...  🤣