Billy Sharpe

Just now, the monk said:

Tell me how a club can be responsible for a nutcase running on the pitch with 15k others ? 

What can they do differently to stop it happening ?

Set examples....  its been coming for a long time...  look at Huddersfield the other night...  they've just won their biggest game in years and half the fans on the pitch went straight for the away fans....  its like they don't give a to55 they've just won, they just want to get to the away fans...  madness.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:
I would go as far as making forest play their opening fixtures next season with no forest fans. There has to be an end to this sort of thing.

That's a tricky one for me. So if we'd beaten Sunderland last week on penalties, we would have probably had the same level of pitch invasion, but hopefully without a moronic assault on a Sunderland player. I wouldn’t want us to be sanctioned with a no fans order if some idiot did something though. 

That said, I don’t know what else can be done. The level of policing and stewarding required to stop such incursions would be extreme and no way will fences ever return. For me, the courts need to make a proper example of this poor excuse for a human being and not listen to his inevitable bleating mitigation - wife just left him, just lost his job, etc etc. I hope he gets a couple of years inside and that might be a proper deterrent to others. 

the culprits one dude

you cant punish all forest fans 

you do the one dude for assault and ban him from football for life them you forget about it 

this NEVER happens

drama queens

prayers to sharp, i think he's a good lad 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

its been coming for a long time...  look at Huddersfield the other night...  they've just won their biggest game in years and half the fans on the pitch went straight for the away fans....  its like they don't give a to55 they've just won, they just want to get to the away fans...  madness.

Pitch invasions could lead to huge on the pitch brawls…. Didn’t Rotherham fans nearly get fighting when they were promoted this season? 

I think Birmingham (?) fans were also on the pitch recently.

Then you get a thousand plus fans up close goading another stand of fans. 

There was that time someone from our fanbase tried to punch Clint Hill, so it happened on our pitch too. 

25 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I enjoy football and am absolutely sick of the violence and disorder of so called fans. 

I don’t care about Shef Utd, they mean nothing to me. 

I want to take my kids to football and enjoy a good game without worrying about their safety. 

Examples need to be made here. 

Totally agree…..but getting Forest kicked out and letting the pigs in?

100% NO

• Like 2

Arrest made and the video evidence will hopefully see him sent down.

Forest also could be held liable for failing to control fans in the stadium. Probably unlikely but they will probably be fined.

could have been nasty with the pen shoot out, celebrations and smoke bombs  in front of the away end.

15 minutes ago, the monk said:

Tell me how a club can be responsible for a nutcase running on the pitch with 15k others ? 

Absolutely this 

Punishing clubs is not the answer.

Its not the clubs fault that society is such a car crash that people think they can do and say whatever they want cos there’s zero respect fir any authority 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

the culprits one dude

you do the one dude for assault and ban him from football for life them you forget about it 

this NEVER happens

drama queens

What NEVER happens....  i can think of several occasions where fans have attacked players....  Sharp, Kirkland, Hill, Grealish........  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

the culprits one dude

this NEVER happens

drama queens

Doesn't matter if its only one guy, these incidents are getting worse and the authorities need to make a stand. They won't though and sadly a serious incid

This is the most serious assault I’ve ever seen on a footballer on the pitch in this country. Hopefully, this incident plus the worrying trend for other thuggish behaviour increasing at football grounds, will be the subject of some pressure on the judiciary to set some examples of defendants brought before them. 

23 minutes ago, the monk said:

Fences at football grounds were a response to disorder at grounds and look how that ended up. As you say we are in a situation where essentially nothing can be done to stop individual acts of idiocy other than maybe hiring more and more stewards?

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Doesn't matter if its only one guy, these incidents are getting worse and the authorities need to make a stand. They won't though and sadly a serious incid

Whoops . I was going to say a serious incident is sadly inevitable if clubs allow fans onto the pitch. However the authorities will bottle it and the problem will continue. Its only the semi and some of these fans will be watching their team in the same league next season!!

8 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

This is the most serious assault I’ve ever seen on a footballer on the pitch in this country. Hopefully, this incident plus the worrying trend for other thuggish behaviour increasing at football grounds, will be the subject of some pressure on the judiciary to set some examples of defendants brought before them. 

Me too. he'd have been asleep till his arse hit the floor. 

Pitch invading went out with the arc.

It's way past being a cool thing to do.

Running around with mobiles in selfie mode?

Ramming blades head first.

Total gimp behaviour.

We're talking fully developed adult humans here....

It won't be long before someone takes it up a level and stabs a player.

Needs sorting.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Fences at football grounds were a response to disorder at grounds and look how that ended up. As you say we are in a situation where essentially nothing can be done to stop individual acts of idiocy other than maybe hiring more and more stewards?

Agree , but what is to stop said idiot nutting a steward ?

The guy who ran on and attacked the Forest player when they played Leicester in the FA Cup was given a four month sentence.

I’d say that’s not enough. 

The deterrent has to be tougher. Set the rules, make it clear that this type of behaviour will result in severe penalties.

Some may say I’m being a dinosaur, but the way it’s going, we are on a path towards a player receiving life threatening injuries.

4 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s just sickening that we have Neanderthals like that Forest 'fan' wandering amongst us. We could have been looking at a much more serious outcome for Billy Sharp if he had smacked his head on the ground, given that the moronic 'supporter' ran at some speed and floored him with a pretty savage looking head butt. As it turns out, Sharp just needed stitches in his lip, which these days will probably just lead to a charge of abh, plus of course football related offences. 

That said, the maximum sentence for abh is 5 years and whilst he’s hardly likely to get that, I sincerely hope that he gets a significant custodial sentence.

Anybody linking that violent assault to Heckingbottom's conduct needs to give their head a wobble by the way. 

As Sharp required stitches he could be charged with wounding.