Billy Sharpe

At first, I thought the idiot had shoved/shoulder barged Sharp, which is bad enough. 

You then see the stills and he's gone and essentially running headbutted Sharp. 

Absolutely crazy/dangerous and he's lucky that all Sharp sustained was a few stiches to his lip. It could have been a lot more serious. 

Never overly liked Mr Sharp, but that goes way beyond thinking someone is a bit of a knobhead. Madness. 

• Like 2

Made me think back to the Forest v Leicester F.A cup tie when that tail ran on the pitch and punched the Leicester player after they had scored.  I can imagine how scary it must be for opposition players when 1000's of people come streaming onto the pitch. 

It sickens me that people can behave like this.

I hope he spent the night crying in his cell knowing he will end up in prison and get sacked from his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Agree , but what is to stop said idiot nutting a steward ?

Stewards in full riot gear maybe?

At the end of the day idiots exist and there isn’t that much can be done other than ruin everyone else’s fun. All we can do is punish the said idiots and cross our fingers that it deters others. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

As Sharp required stitches he could be charged with wounding.

I’d be very surprised Darra. Technically it is a wounding because it requires at least one stitch as per the offences against the persons act. However, the CPS virtually require you to be half dead these days before they charge gbh/wounding, so I expect he will get charged with abh, which does have a maximum sentence of 5 years. I’ve known them even charge common assault for similar stuff, which in my day was for an assault without any injury at all.

There’s no wonder things are going titsup  in this country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Agree , but what is to stop said idiot nutting a steward ?

Fences for any club that breaks the rules. If you don’t break the rules, you don’t need a fence. Simple. 

Stewards can be the other side of the fence. 

3 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised Darra. Technically it is a wounding because it requires at least one stitch as per the offences against the persons act. However, the CPS virtually require you to be half dead these days before they charge gbh/wounding, so I expect he will get charged with abh, which does have a maximum sentence of 5 years. I’ve known them even charge common assault for similar stuff, which in my day was for an assault without any injury at all.

It's a bit of a minefield. As I said I've had a few instances at work where somebodies been assaulted and the police have said its probably going to be a charge of.... but who knows.

5 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Charge S47 plus pitch incursion stuff. That can be held on file.  Keeps it in the magistrates for preliminary hearings so far cheaper. Guilty plea on a S47, poss Crown for sentencing and slightly enhanced sentence because it’s high profile. 

What an absolute cretin. Doing it on camera, to one of the pigs' star players no less. He's lucky he didn't get slaughtered by pig fans for that. I bet he was coked off his face as well.

Just enjoy the win, you don't need to attack the opposition. And even if Sharp is a pig, I'm not exactly happy about it because remember Pressman getting a death threat? Remember Kirkland getting attacked by that Leeds fan? One of these days someone is going to get seriously hurt by morons like this.

Edited by FightLikeAGirl

While passing sentence on Biggs, District Judge Grace Leong told the £55,000-a-year electrical engineer:

Not what most people would think of as your usual football hooligan 

Judge Leong had been urged to pass a suspended sentence on Biggs, who claimed he and his girlfriend would not be able to keep up monthly mortgage repayments of over £1,000 if he was jailed.

But the judge told Biggs: "Given the gravity of this offence, where thousands were present to witness it, there has to be an element of deterrence.

Wonder if she'll wait for him?

Edited by darra