Lee Gregory

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Nah , he’ll stay I think 

Luongo, Bannan, Iorfa and Windass is anyones guess though

I think Bannan will stay too and given the fact that Iorfa and Windass have spent the vast majority of the season in the treatment room, I’m not convinced you’ll find many Championship clubs queuing up to sign them.

Luongo on the other hand will be off like a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I think Bannan will stay too and given the fact that Iorfa and Windass have spent the vast majority of the season in the treatment room, I’m not convinced you’ll find many Championship clubs queuing up to sign them.

Luongo on the other hand will be off like a shot.

I agree on Windass and Iorfa,  not too sure why people think championship clubs will be after them 2 

Both need to prove there fitness,  I’m not too fussed about Luongo going ,  we need to build that midfield around Byers and FDB 

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

Dean Windass seems to think his sons too good for league 1 , I’d suggest he gets fit and proves it !!  

Dean's getting on a bit now though mate - can't see him keeping up with the young whippersnappers on the pitch?

Owlstalk Shop

I think the only player who'll have Championship interest this summer will be Windass.

I only say this as my mate from work is ITK at Millwall and he reckons they're still interested in him, espcially as they're losing Jed Wallace this summer

I wouldn’t be fussed if Windass goes, if we got an offer I’d accept.

If Luongo gets a decent offer, again wouldn’t mind. Accept and reinvest, it’s been our issue for too long now. Let’s see if there are any up and coming players we can replace them with. (Not easy I know)

A midfield 3 of Fisayo, Bannan and Byers should be good enough.

GK and Defence is looking thin

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dean's getting on a bit now though mate - can't see him keeping up with the young whippersnappers on the pitch?

Dean is only 30, which is pretty much prime age for a CB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I agree on Windass and Iorfa,  not too sure why people think championship clubs will be after them 2 

Both need to prove there fitness,  I’m not too fussed about Luongo going ,  we need to build that midfield around Byers and FDB 

Agree. Mass has been excellent but for me he's not been at the races last few games. 

Although he could do a job for a Championship club realistically he’d probably be a bit part player, coming on late in games, playing in the league cup etc and as cover for the main strikers. I’d be amazed if he wanted away though. These are the last years of his career and he seems like the type of bloke who wants to spend them playing and scoring! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Luongo was shocking over the 2 legs semi 

Dele and Dennis in midfield next season 

Both adequate replacements for him

I think Luongo will want away now. One last payday or maybe back to Australia. He wasn’t great in the last two games and his form had started to get a bit patchy. But if he hadn’t have come back from injury and stayed fit I can’t see that we’d have made it to the top six at all! His return was a major factor in our upturn in form. Dele Bashiru and Adeniran are potentially good midfielders but they aren’t really a replacement for Luongo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I think Luongo will want away now. One last payday or maybe back to Australia. He wasn’t great in the last two games and his form had started to get a bit patchy. But if he hadn’t have come back from injury and stayed fit I can’t see that we’d have made it to the top six at all! His return was a major factor in our upturn in form. Dele Bashiru and Adeniran are potentially good midfielders but they aren’t really a replacement for Luongo. 

Skill wise probably not …but they are young / energetic/strong players 

something we have to inject into the midfield next season 

Cadamarteri too

Add him into the first team next season too 

Younger fitter players 

I put most of the late goal ********-ups down to our older players not being fit enough !!

Lee Gregory is a good striker for league 1 but he will be 34 in August, if someone makes a good offer he can go.

I would say him and Bannan who is 33 next birthday are our 2 key players.

Think we need to get average age down of the side for the long grind of 46 games in league 1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Skill wise probably not …but they are young / energetic/strong players 

something we have to inject into the midfield next season 

Cadamarteri too

Add him into the first team next season too 

Younger fitter players 

I put most of the late goal ********-ups down to our older players not being fit enough !!

I totally agree they will be good for us. I just think we do also need a direct replacement for Luongo to play that role of breaking up play and getting the ball forward. 

Really hope Gregory stays, he's at an age where hopefully he just wants to enjoy what's left of his career and he seems to be doing that here. 

Windass... considering the amount he's played this season I don't think he'd be a huge loss if we can get a decent strikerin to replace him who will actually be available for the majority of the season. 

Just now, Nick the Owl said:

Really hope Gregory stays, he's at an age where hopefully he just wants to enjoy what's left of his career and he seems to be doing that here. 

Windass... considering the amount he's played this season I don't think he'd be a huge loss if we can get a decent strikerin to replace him who will actually be available for the majority of the season. 

Windass didn't pull up many trees last night did he...

Talented player, but not sure what his actual position is. He's not really an out and out striker, can't hold the ball up all that well. A number 10 perhaps? Perhaps an inside forward?