Liverpool / Man City semi-final

44 minutes ago, markowl said:

Aren't the FA tied into a contract with Wembley Stadium that states all semi finals are played there?

Yes, but this is Liverpool - this means more.

NB - I do fully agree that it's perfectly sensible to move this semi "up north", but it seems that if it's Liverpool involved they always have to stamp their feet and demand that the rules be changed to suit them

• Like 3

Hate semis at Wembley. 

I'd like the semis to be rotated around some of the other stadiums. 

All Northern semis at 

Old Trafford 

St James

SoL

Anfield

North v South at 

Villa Park

Stadium MK

All South semis at 

St Mary's 

Millennium 

Keep Wembley for the final

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Hate semis at Wembley. 

I'd like the semis to be rotated around some of the other stadiums. 

All Northern semis at 

Old Trafford 

St James

SoL

Anfield

North v South at 

Villa Park

Stadium MK

All South semis at 

St Mary's 

Millennium 

Keep Wembley for the final

Yes agreed- All South semis could also be held at The Emirates or Tottenhams new ground, depending on who was playing obviously 

As new stadiums come on stream with increased capacities- the two above for instance - there really is no reason for Semi Finals to be held at Wembley year in year out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markowl said:

Aren't the FA tied into a contract with Wembley Stadium that states all semi finals are played there?

The FA OWN Wembley 

Strange also it seems they’ll find a way for Chelsea to have fans at their semi final too - I guess that’ll be a goon warmer for the FA 

1 hour ago, jamsandwich said:

Why do you have such a wide-on for St Marys? its 32000 capacity - no where near big enough for a semifinal

Such a wide on? Named it once and cos there's no other stadiums that way, and it's a new one and England have played their a few times

Also nice for events to not always be in London, but the Emirates and spurs stadium are also good shouts for semis 

I like the semi finals at Wembley as it gives more fans a chance to enjoy the national stadium and helps pay the enormous amount of money it cost to build it.

Eg would anybody have wanted the  Wednesday v United 1993 semi final played at villa Park.

On 24/03/2022 at 08:08, scram said:

The 93 semi was originally scheduled for Leeds

yes I know mate but be it villa park , elland road or any other league ground. It would not have been the same as at Wembley that is why I would have all semi finals at the national stadium