Salah Contract Situation - Liverpool

I just have a feeling if they gave him ( and his agent ) what he wants,  then he won't be the same player.

His game is all about speed and sharpness, and that's only going to diminish as he gets past 30. 

I think they should sell him while they can still get £75- £100 million for him. 

Weird one...

He's the best player in the world and it seems like a no brainer to want to keep him on for the rest of his career. 

On the other hand, he's nearly 30 and he allegedly wants parity with other top earners in the league (which is fair enough), but then Liverpool operate a pretty strict wage policy. Pay Salah what he allegedly wants and the wage policy goes out the window. 

Just feels like all the moving parts have come together at slightly the wrong time. 

If he's 27/28, then I imagine there's far less of a debate. Funny how much of a difference a couple of years can make. 

In saying that, he strikes me as the sort of player who will still be producing at the highest level well into his 30s. 

Edited by SiJ

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If he's 27/28, then I imagine there's far less of a debate. Funny how much of a difference a couple of years can make. 

Yep. Harry Kane is a year younger than him but people still talk about City etc buying him. The amount that would cost in transfer fees + wages would be massive compared to Liverpool renewing Salah's contract.

4 minutes ago, Putney said:

Yep. Harry Kane is a year younger than him but people still talk about City etc buying him. The amount that would cost in transfer fees + wages would be massive compared to Liverpool renewing Salah's contract.

It's a funny one. 

I mean you look at Salah and you'd think he's still going to be a top, top player even at say 34. He's in great shape, looks after himself, don't think he's had too many bad injuries etc. 

But then I can sort of understand why FSG are reportedly not willing to meet his demands. Bit of a conundrum. 

If they don't manage to keep hold of him, then the meltdown on Merseyside (and elsewhere) will be quite something to behold. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's a funny one. 

I mean you look at Salah and you'd think he's still going to be a top, top player even at say 34. He's in great shape, looks after himself, don't think he's had too many bad injuries etc. 

But then I can sort of understand why FSG are reportedly not willing to meet his demands. Bit of a conundrum. 

If they don't manage to keep hold of him, then the meltdown on Merseyside (and elsewhere) will be quite something to behold. 

The thing is do they get a suitable replacement for Salah?

He just seems so integral to that front three which Klopp has playing to an exact system.

He has maybe to an extent become too reliant on it.

Firminio/Jota can interchange but when Salah and Mane arent there its weakened.

Ox, Minamino and Origi are way off Salah.

What player comes in a direct replacement?

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I just have a feeling if they gave him ( and his agent ) what he wants,  then he won't be the same player.

His game is all about speed and sharpness, and that's only going to diminish as he gets past 30. 

I think they should sell him while they can still get £75- £100 million for him. 

Lewandowski is 34 this year and in the race for FIFA player of the year.

Shergar will be livid if he loses Salah.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scram said:

People don't think that re-signing a player negates any kind of fee do they?

Signing fees and "loyalty bonuses" are huge for top players

Of course they do, one can include agent fees in that too. Whether you're buying or re-signing a top player you're going to have to pay extras, however those figures aren't ever public knowledge as opposed to the basic wage.

If Liverpool had the option to sign Mo Salah on a free transfer I think they would.

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Wants £300 a week 

He’s on half that now approximately 

Best player in the Prem (along with De Bruyne maybe) 

Liverpool owners apparently stalling 

Will he leave ?

Some lads debating it below if interested  

So he's on the same amount as Keegan was, in his last contract with Liverpool in 1977?

• Like 1