Salah Contract Situation - Liverpool

Mane is crucial to Liverpool - they really need to keep him

Wonder if he'll get the same accusations as Messi for "taking the easy option" if he moves to Bayern?

Good point

I heard Liverpool will give Mane £275k a week, Bayern will give him £300k apparently. 

I also reckon Mane is fed up of Salah being seen as the main man (just IMO)

Hope they keep em both and they both breakdown in preseason, and the vile scousers are relegated, then go bankrupt.

If only Heineken did seasons

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Good point

I heard Liverpool will give Mane £275k a week, Bayern will give him £300k apparently. 

I also reckon Mane is fed up of Salah being seen as the main man (just IMO)

I was thinking earlier, could even be that, as players hit 30 plus, they realise they can’t/ don’t want to play the mega intensity style of Klopp (and a few others)

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I was thinking earlier, could even be that, as players hit 30 plus, they realise they can’t/ don’t want to play the mega intensity style of Klopp (and a few others)

I also wonder if there is an element of feeling undervalued by the club. 

All the attention has been on Salah and whether he will sign a new deal or not. I honestly had no idea that Mane's deal expired at the exact same time. It's just been all about Salah, Salah, who has been frankly crap (by his standards) since AFCON, whilst Mane has been their best player. 

Mane was one of Klopp's first big signings, he's been there for several seasons, won everything, and yet he often gets second billing. 

Brilliant player who really sets the pace and intensity for that Liverpool side. As you say though, perhaps he's had enough of relentless pressing. 

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I also wonder if there is an element of feeling undervalued by the club. 

All the attention has been on Salah and whether he will sign a new deal or not. I honestly had no idea that Mane's deal expired at the exact same time. It's just been all about Salah, Salah, who has been frankly crap (by his standards) since AFCON, whilst Mane has been their best player. 

Mane was one of Klopp's first big signings, he's been there for several seasons, won everything, and yet he often gets second billing. 

Brilliant player who really sets the pace and intensity for that Liverpool side. As you say though, perhaps he's had enough of relentless pressing. 

Oh, I think the undervalued/ second fiddle to Salah is more likely, just I have heard players in the past say that they grew to dread pre-season as they got older.

I can’t imagine Klopp’s pre seasons are much fun😬Not that Bayern’s will be a holiday camp but suspect England is more intense in general.

Mane is one of the my fav Pl players tbh. Yeah, he plays for Liverpool, but I just think he's a fantastic player, really top class. 

He's not as prolific as Salah who is a more natural goalscorer, but I think Mane really does set the pace/tone for that Liverpool side. He's also a proper big game player and so often seems to hit top form for them when they need it. 

They'll be a poorer side for losing him. 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Barca are looking at staying competitive through free transfers; he could sign in a year. 

I think he’ll do so - and be off to Barca or Real for a nice signing on bonus and wage 

“ Liverpool have rejected a deal worth £30m for Senegal forward Sadio Mane from Bayern Munich. 

The Reds have been left bemused after the German club returned with the offer after an initial bid, reported to be worth up to £25m, was turned down. 

Liverpool are understood to want about €50m (£42.8m) for 30-year-old Mane considering Bayern's similar valuation of 33-year-old Robert Lewandowski.

Mane and Lewandowski both have one year remaining on their current deals.

Poland international Lewandowski wants to move to Barcelona this summer after a decade with Bayern. “

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

“ Liverpool have rejected a deal worth £30m for Senegal forward Sadio Mane from Bayern Munich. 

The Reds have been left bemused after the German club returned with the offer after an initial bid, reported to be worth up to £25m, was turned down. 

Liverpool are understood to want about €50m (£42.8m) for 30-year-old Mane considering Bayern's similar valuation of 33-year-old Robert Lewandowski.

Poland international Lewandowski wants to move to Barcelona this summer after a decade with Bayern. “

£40 million seems fair tbh.

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

On the Lewy discussion, I briefly read an article where he slated Bayern recently. 

Seemed a bit out of character for a player who has been a model professional and a top, top player for them.

I guess it shows the pulling power both Barca and Real have, despite the fact Barca are a shadow of a team they were a few years ago. 

13 hours ago, Skyline said:

On the Lewy discussion, I briefly read an article where he slated Bayern recently. 

Seemed a bit out of character for a player who has been a model professional and a top, top player for them.

Yeah - might put a slight mark against his legacy there 

Barca must be offering something very lucrative ££££££££££

Or maybe these top talents want to prove it in other Leagues these days… they don’t seem to want to be as tied down to contracts.