"There is no one else out there though"

I think we should do what man united have done. Give it to Thompson/bullen to the end of the season while searching for the perfect appointment. If 6 months of searching for a manager doesn’t provide a good candidate then I don’t know what will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jangoSWFC said:

I think we should do what man united have done. Give it to Thompson/bullen to the end of the season while searching for the perfect appointment. If 6 months of searching for a manager doesn’t provide a good candidate then I don’t know what will.

I’d take that

Probably lean more to Bullen than Thompson though. The latter made some strange selections at times last year. At least Bullen puts round pegs in round holes 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, jangoSWFC said:

That would at least give us a shout,under Darren sadly we will just see more  poor performances,and us slipping further away from any chance of promotion...

• Like 2

If I was the chairman of a football club, I'd make it my business to get to know as many people as possible in the game - players, ex players, coaches, managers, agents. I'd build relationships and know as much as possible about anyone who was a potential future manager and always have someone lined up, preferably someone who isn't on the merry go round of failed managers. 

• Like 1

Do you ever think the main reason these managers like Monk, Jos and Moore get so long in the job, past the point they should have gone, is how nice we are as fans?

Monk - Should have gone at Brentford away. Got ages after.

Moore - Should have gone after Sunderland 5-0. Should defo go after yesterday. He will get majority of the season.

Jos - Should have about 6 months before he did, Millwall away springs to mind.

When was the last time you ever heard our fans get toxic at a game and chant for a manger out?? Why are we so tame, other clubs do it all the time.

The only time our crowd turned toxic was at Jos at Hillsboorugh when they started chanting for Westwood and Hutchinson - even then why not just chant we want Jos out.

Makes you wonder how much a demographic of opinion twitter and OT is compared to the matchday crowd. The opinion on here and twitter is all pretty much we want Moore out, other than a few nutters who want us in League 2 because they can't think of a replacement lol

• Like 1

at well run clubs not only is a manager sacked there replacement is lined up straight away. chansiri will do the usual thompson/bullen for a month to 6 weeks then someone comes in . alex neil is a stand out name im sure a challenge of turning a great club like ours around would appeal . there is still a very small chance of promotion if most of the loans can go back and get in others . without that 11th or 12th will be the finish at the end of the season 

14 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Do you ever think the main reason these managers like Monk, Jos and Moore get so long in the job, past the point they should have gone, is how nice we are as fans?

Monk - Should have gone at Brentford away. Got ages after.

Moore - Should have gone after Sunderland 5-0. Should defo go after yesterday. He will get majority of the season.

Jos - Should have about 6 months before he did, Millwall away springs to mind.

When was the last time you ever heard our fans get toxic at a game and chant for a manger out?? Why are we so tame, other clubs do it all the time.

The only time our crowd turned toxic was at Jos at Hillsboorugh when they started chanting for Westwood and Hutchinson - even then why not just chant we want Jos out.

Makes you wonder how much a demographic of opinion twitter and OT is compared to the matchday crowd. The opinion on here and twitter is all pretty much we want Moore out, other than a few nutters who want us in League 2 because they can't think of a replacement lol

a lot of us wanted moore gone at cheltenham it was building up before then . we want darren moore was loud and clear since then ive just heard a 1 man band saying it . other clubs supporters would have gone balmy by now , i just think we are so used to failure that total apathy has set in .

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

at well run clubs not only is a manager sacked there replacement is lined up straight away. chansiri will do the usual thompson/bullen for a month to 6 weeks then someone comes in . alex neil is a stand out name im sure a challenge of turning a great club like ours around would appeal . there is still a very small chance of promotion if most of the loans can go back and get in others . without that 11th or 12th will be the finish at the end of the season 

Alex Neil would be a good appointment. The type of manager most of our fans would sneer at because he is not a sexy appointment. He has won promotion a few times in his career. When he took the Norwich job they were really struggling. He took over from Neil Adams and instantly had them on an upward curve. He always did well at Preston and had them competing with no budget, better than any of our managers in the same period.

He is a far better manager than Darren Moore. So I wonder why he is sneered at.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

a lot of us wanted moore gone at cheltenham it was building up before then . we want darren moore was loud and clear since then ive just heard a 1 man band saying it . other clubs supporters would have gone balmy by now , i just think we are so used to failure that total apathy has set in .

Was at Cheltenham and I have to admit I did not hear anything.

Someone asked on here the other day why none of our managers ever resign.

Terry Yorath was the last one - I remember the Yorath out chants out.

We are far too polite as fans and that is why the managers never go when they should and the chairman does what he wants imo.

54 minutes ago, Django said:

I’d take that

Probably lean more to Bullen than Thompson though. The latter made some strange selections at times last year. At least Bullen puts round pegs in round holes 

It would take about 3 or 4 games for people to turn on Bullen. We know this from experience.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

That's what people said about Monk, Lukhay and Pulis. 

Replacing one poor manager for another achieves nothing.

Its flawed logic though.

Man Utd had a run of managers that didn't do much before they got to Sir Alex.

Can say the same about almost any club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Its flawed logic though.

Man Utd had a run of managers that didn't do much before they got to Sir Alex.

Can say the same about almost any club. 

It's not flawed logic. If we sack him and appoint someone with a proven record of success then fine. 

It's the anyone will be better than Moore argument I don't agree with. 

• Like 3