"There is no one else out there though"

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Michael Carrick,

Daniel Farke

Paul Clement

These would be my choices.

Like the idea of a Michael Carrick or John Terry with an experienced no.2 alongside them. 

Farke would be a fantastic coup for a league 1 club. 

Clement, meh - think he’s perhaps another Darren Moore. Makes a better backroom coach than manager 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Was at Cheltenham and I have to admit I did not hear anything.

Someone asked on here the other day why none of our managers ever resign.

Terry Yorath was the last one - I remember the Yorath out chants out.

We are far too polite as fans and that is why the managers never go when they should and the chairman does what he wants imo.

at cheltenham on the left side behind the goal there were a good hundred chanting moore out , at bolton away carlos out was very loud ,and certainly jos out . but certainly we as supporters seem to put up way more than most other clubs supporters would put up with.  its absolutely dire watching us this season only in 10 min spells in odd games have we played good attacking football,  are you sure you didnt hear carlos out or jos out chants? 

6 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Does this way of thinking irritate anyone else? It is all I am seeing, mainly on Twitter but have seen it mentioned on most portals in discussion of Darren Moore.

It is such a flawed way of thinking, to leave a manger in control of a business because you cannot be bothered to recruit better. Surely this just creates a really apathetic culture around the club, which is how it feels right now. No other business would ever leave a manager in charge because the replacement is not clear, and continue to mis perform. 

There are so many examples out there for people to look at when it comes to clubs changing managers. I bet none of the Sheff U fans were ecstatic when Heckingbttom replaced Jokanovic, but he has had an impact. Even if you look closer to home, not many of us would have been asking for Megson to be replaced by Jones, look what happened there. You could go on and on, of manager who were surprise appointments at various clubs and went on to have an immediate impact. Not many Forest fans were that chuffed that Cooper was the man to replace Hughton, again he has had a great impact. I referenced Mark Robins yesterday, that situation proabbly the closest to our own. You could argue SISU and the Cov situation is far worse and Robins won two promotions with all that going on - did the Cov fans want to stick with Russell Slade? No, they were on his back.

Do you really think the players in the changing room, don't hear the same unmotivating, delusional, cliched drivel that we do? There is no way Moore is any different in that changing room imo and the performances suggest the same.

I understand the thought of can the chairman actually appoint a good manager. However, all of his manager appointments have on paper had a chance and not been that bad. Other than Jos, all of the others had some sort of track record or you could see why he went that way. 

Surely it is better that he acts now to try and save the season, whilst we are 5 points off 6th and at the start of the transfer window and two weeks before the next game? It's almost the perfect time for a change. We made the change in far less troubling times with Megson and Manderic had a reputation at getting appointments wrong, it can sometimes work. Where is the risk? It cannot get any worse on the field. Most of the squad is loans and frees and short term deals. It's not like any new manager will be lumbered with 10-15 players he cannot get rid of in the summer.

If there ever was a time to actually change our manager it is today. The chairman gives these managers far too much time to try and turn things around. We are not in the Sir Alex era anymore. If it's not working it's not working. You could see with Moore even in the Championship, he was making odd choices. 

I would actually say from the list of comedic managers we have had recently - Moore now topples Jos as the worst.

Hopefully we will hear something today.

There are plenty out there

Moore is the worst by miles with a reasonable squad,clueless,tactically inept,awful atmedia stuff,please go and maybe allow us to maybe salvage something..get Pulis back...far better than this clown...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

at cheltenham on the left side behind the goal there were a good hundred chanting moore out , at bolton away carlos out was very loud ,and certainly jos out . but certainly we as supporters seem to put up way more than most other clubs supporters would put up with.  its absolutely dire watching us this season only in 10 min spells in odd games have we played good attacking football,  are you sure you didnt hear carlos out or jos out chants? 

I was at Cheltenham away and I honestly heard nowt.

I was also at Bolton away and you were right there were some chants that day - but they were pathetically quiet from memory.

Before you ask, my hearing is fine lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

It comes down to whether you think DM can get us into the playoffs.  That is a must this season.  If the answer is ‘no’, then we have to ‘twist’, not ‘stick’.

I am convinced that DM can get us into the playoffs - this season, so it is a no-brainer for me.

However, I still would always give any manager at least one or two seasons. I just cannot understand how easily we get rid of managers at Wednesday only to miss them afterwards.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I am convinced that DM can get us into the playoffs - this season, so it is a no-brainer for me.

However, I still would always give any manager at least one or two seasons. I just cannot understand how easily we get rid of managers at Wednesday only to miss them afterwards.

He wont....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

You would have kept old two shots in a month Carlos, Monk and Jos then ? 

16 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

What on earth has he done to convince you we will make the playoffs? Genuinely interested to know on that!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The next manager will be just as poor. That’s why I’d stick with Moore. I’d give him the season at least and take a view from there. 

He has already had 45 games in that time we have been relegated, all but Bannan, Palmer and Hutch are left of the play off final team. He has had a summer post Covid to rebuild and signed more than 50% of his signing are useless.

We have not improved on last year, we are just playing worse teams. DM is proving to be a one trick pony, when his tactics fail there is no plan b. I saw a fan talking about 5 subs, but why bother we have not had a sub this season at the right time when we needed it, DM waits too long.

his tactics, formations and personal game after game are wrong, players play well they get dropped, others that play bad get every week. 

I could name 5 or 6 managers out of work better than Moore but as long as Chancer is pulling the strings, we will end up with the cheap option of Bullen or Thompson or who knows maybe even Bannan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

What on earth has he done to convince you we will make the playoffs? Genuinely interested to know on that!! 

To be honest.. I just trust that we have good enough players to get us out of this league. As soon as most of them are fit and have some games together, we will go on a good run. I am absolutely sure about that.

As many others, I often get frustated with DM's team selection - very frustrated.  However, I do like that he generally backs his players and shows a calmness.  I'm fine with him, but I would also back any other manager right now.  I don't know yet, if DM is a great manager, but I am sure he is good to get us promoted.

We had too many managers in recent years. IMO our lack of patience is one of the reasons, why we failed to suceed in recent years. Currently we have a squad, which can take us back to the Championship, we have a manager, who has got the support of the chairman,  we signed a lot of promising players and we are developing our youth. I do not want to interrupt that process. I want promotion this season and IMO the only way is to give the manager and the players time.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Michael Carrick,

Daniel Farke

Paul Clement

These would be my choices.

Michael Carrick would be a decent shout. He’s had a good apprenticeship at Man Utd. Has a specific identity and is young and ambitious (in manager terms) I doubt he’d come so far down the football pyramid

Daniel Farken is another decent call. Plays entertaining football and has handled the pressure of getting promotion with heavily fancied team. Would discount his record in Premier League as Norwich never backed him. Again doubtful he could be tempted to League 1

Paul Clement. Great coach. Poor manager

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Don’t miss Joss, Monk, Pulis at all. Even given where we are right now. 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Like the idea of a Michael Carrick or John Terry with an experienced no.2 alongside them. 

Farke would be a fantastic coup for a league 1 club. 

Clement, meh - think he’s perhaps another Darren Moore. Makes a better backroom coach than manager 

Maybe Clement as assistant to John Terry as another option.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Its flawed logic though.

Man Utd had a run of managers that didn't do much before they got to Sir Alex.

Can say the same about almost any club. 

Alex Ferguson took 4 years to win a trophy at Manchester United.

He took 7 years before winning the League.

You are wanting Darren Moore out after 9 months.

I doubt Alex Neil would come to Wednesday.

Can chop and change manager all you want with all the expense of paying them off and thy back room staff.

All the expense of getting another one.

They are 99% doomed to failure because the Chariman is incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1