• Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Gregory
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Brennan
    • Corbeanu
    • Adeniran

A game to forget, so bad I turned it off after the 4th

Dunkley was at fault fot the first. I don't know if he pulled his hamstring then or later but when they broke for the second he was so slow trying to get back it looked like he was running in slow motion, he must have been injured at that time. He was having a mare anyway.

Bannan was good defensively, he chased back numerous times and saved the day.

Mendez Laing is a unit and looked dangerous but drifted in and out of the game, probably not his fault because the service was poor.

Brennan has looked fine up to last night but looked lost last night.

Best I can say is most players looked like they hadn't recovered from covid properly and it has been coming for a while, you can't play 3 at the back with one CB without getting ripped a new one.

I think we knew before that auto was along shot now it looks impossible.

• Like 2

'They don't know what they're doing. They don't know what they're doing'

I've been very supportive of Darren Moore but that was just a bunch of talented but bewildered players who had no idea what shape they were meant to be sticking to. Lets play Paterson at centre-forward....no, midfield....no, centre-forward. Let's play Mendez-laing at left wing-back...no, centre-forward...no, right-wing. WT actual F. I think we've got by for weeks because we have better players than other teams in this league and it's disguised the fact that they are badly coached.

There were plenty of shocking individual performances but it really doesn't help if you don't know what you're meant to be doing. And we've had 3 weeks to plan for this match and work on shape and structure and tactics.

Some telling comments from their otherwise rubbish commentators

'Sheffield Wednesday looked good until they went a goal down then their heads dropped' ' They seem to have lost all shape' 'It's like they have no confidence' 'They're looking a really poor side' 'Now they've just given up'

Peacock-Farrell 6 Yes he made some decent saves but I'm not happy because I thought he should have come for two of the crosses they scored from

Hunt 4 decent run and shot but then he passes to Pritchard to put them 2-0 up. Very poor for the rest of the match

Palmer 4 defence were all over the place. We needed him to organise and he didn't

Dunkley 4 I think we were 2-0 down before he touched it

Johnson 4 still true that he looks decent going forward but tonight we looked like a team with a left-winger in the back 3

Mendez-Laing 3 big disappointment. Seemed to have no idea what to do when he had the ball and made little effort when he didn't

Wing 5 one of our least bad players, worked hard, made himself available often but has been replaced by a Lewis Wing who can't shoot

Bannan 7 what more could he do. Kept going, always trying to push us forward, always willing to run back and cover. Needs to go on an anger management course though. 

Dele-Bashiru 4 another anonymous performance

Paterson 5 offered nothing but nuisance value

Gregory 4 barely touched it 

Brennan 3 played like a forward in the back 3 who didn't have an understanding of the phrases 'goal-side' or 'marking'. And I really thought he had potential.

Adeniran 4 no impact

Corbeanu 4 deserves to play in a team rather than a bunch of players who just think 'give it Corbeanu and leave him to it' 

• Like 2

Absolute shocking performance.

The manager must take a lot of the blame for the line up and tactics. The defence was shambolic, the five in midfield didn't  lay a glove and the forwards never won a ball. The movement on and off the ball was dire, we allowed Sunderland the freedom to play ball after ball in from wide between defence and goalkeeper.

Moore was well and truly schooled by journeyman manager Lee Johnson.

BPF  5.  Thought he could have done better with 2 of the goals made a fine save and a couple of blocks. Nightmare defending in front of him.

Palmer.   2  shocking display can't remember anything decent.

Dunkley.  3. I thought the first goal was offside, was clutching his knee after it went in. Not good after but probably the best of shocking defence.

Johnson. 2. Very poor both in positioning and winning possesion

Hunt.   3.  Started brightly, gave away possession for the 2nd and was very poor after that.

Wing.   2 .Again another very poor performance, him and Bannan standing over dead balls like Messi and Xavi what a joke.

Fizz.  3. Strong as an ox but at the moment not getting involved enough

Bannan. 5. MoM. Waste of his talent playing him deep like that. Still our best player with 2 great tackles and a couple of decent passes.

NML   3 Not a very good debut only Moore knows why he was picked ahead of Corbeanu

Gregory. 2. Won nothing all game but had shocking supply.

Patterson. 2. Same as Gregory.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not much to add to whats gone before,

Bannan 6 and BPF who must of wondered what was going on infront of him a 5

the rest 2, just awfull, the highline was a nightmare and balls over the top of a slow sluggish back 3 just left the keeper exposed, but for a couple of decent saves and a block it couldnt have been a really big spanking.

Belated xmas gift from Wednesday who just melted after the 2nd goal and looked disorganised allover the park

Edited by legendaryswan

Thanks to the 12 hardy souls who gave match ratings for that steaming pile of turd. Here's the scores so far:

Peacock-Farrell: 5.2

Palmer: 2.1

Dunkley: 3.3

Johnson: 2.6

Hunt: 2.9

Wing: 2.9

Dele-Bashiru: 2.3

Bannan: 5.2

Mendez-Laing: 3.3

Gregory: 2.7

Paterson: 2.3

Brennan: 2.8

Corbeanu: 4.0

Adeniran: 4.3

I'll give more people until the end of Saturday if they want to add their scores.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Thanks to the 12 hardy souls who gave match ratings for that steaming pile of turd. Here's the scores so far:

Bannan: 5.2

I'll give more people until the end of Saturday if they want to add their scores.

Happy New Year mate.

It’s a real addition to OT to have you do these average player ratings week in Week out. Much appreciated. I hope more and more fans take part. Thank you.

Boy it was tough to drum up the strength to type Thursday’s scores. Let’s hope we are all enthusiastically typing 7s, 8s and 9s tomorrow evening after Shrews 0-3 Owls.

Happy New Year to all.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Happy New Year mate.

It’s a real addition to OT to have you do these average player ratings week in Week out. Much appreciated. I hope more and more fans take part. Thank you.

Boy it was tough to drum up the strength to type Thursday’s scores. Let’s hope we are all enthusiastically typing 7s, 8s and 9s tomorrow evening after Shrews 0-3 Owls.

Happy New Year to all.

Cheers, my pleasure. I hope I can keep this going for a few years and then we'll have a record of how players played over time (I've been trying to go back and archive a couple of the recent seasons too, so we have something to compare this year to...)

• Like 1

No more ratings submitted (I don't blame you), so these are the final scores:

Sunderland vs SWFC - 30th December 2021

Bannan: 5.2 - MoM

Team Rating: 3.3

Peacock-Farrell and Bannan have the exact same score, so as a tiebreaker I'm going to award MoM based on most MoM votes above, so Bannan sneaks it by 53 votes to 52. (He also sneaks through on the 'Plymouth Rule' that if no-one has a score above 5 there is no MoM awarded).