MOORE OUT.

Moore in or out?   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Should Moore go?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/21 at 07:07

25 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Perhaps I should have put an undecided option. 

It doesn't appear that Moore can or will change his methods. 

In Jim bowens words, almost, "This is where you could have been". 

Top 2. With a bit more ambition and a lot less negativity and a bit more consistency with team selection and tactics. 

I don't think he can do it and while ever there is a large amount of people disgruntled he's going to have to make some huge improvements in style, selection, tactics and his own ability to communicate. He's on borrowed time. 

Obviously we all HOPE he will make a success but realistically a big chunk of people on OT done expect it to happen. 

Without some goalie howlers we would probably be top. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sethman75 said:

60% say no? Far out didnt think that many fans can't see what's directly in front on them

It’s not so much about Moore’s failings but more about who would replace him. Let’s be realistic, a new manager will need 6-8 matches to place his imprint on the squad. That aside the club needs stability.. with or without promotion (although I’m certain no promotion at the first attempt would catastrophic)

21 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Without some goalie howlers we would probably be top. 

And if Norwich’s central defender marked his opponent better they wouldn’t be doing so badly in the PL.  

Personally feel our main issue is the lack of goals from the outfield players rather than blaming BPF.  If you can only score an average of 0-1 goals a game you are always likely to drop points due to a bad ref, own goal, goalkeeper mistake.  Very rarely does teams throughout the history of football be able to win all their games 1-0.  Even the great teams concede goals, but they have the attack to allow for it. We don’t because we aren’t very good.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

And if Norwich’s central defender marked his opponent better they wouldn’t be doing so badly in the PL.  

Personally feel our main issue is the lack of goals from the outfield players rather than blaming BPF.  If you can only score an average of 0-1 goals a game you are always likely to drop points due to a bad ref, own goal, goalkeeper mistake.  Very rarely does teams throughout the history of football be able to win all their games 1-0.  Even the great teams concede goals, but they have the attack to allow for it. We don’t because we aren’t very good.  

Very much agree that lack of goals is our issue, has been for several seasons.  Through that period I have posted the reason why (pace up front) which drives how teams play against us.  Windass fit will be the difference hopefully.

My point was more that you can set up how you want, and your tactics can be spot on but no manager can account for international goalies making howlers,

On 12/10/2021 at 11:09, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Based on what, though?

As far as we know, he recruited the players, several of whom spoke of playing under him as a major factor in joining Wednesday. The squad we have is largely because of him.

Performances haven't been scintillating, but we've been defensively sound for the most part, which tends to be the result of time spent on the training ground with a manager and his coaching team. A fair few of the goals we've conceded have been the result of individual player errors rather than a failure of our system as a whole, so that strength of our game appears to be - at least in part - because of him, too.

Going forward, yes, we look ponderous, which is a concern, and there's surely more which can be done to get us fitting on a more consistent basis, but I'm willing to give him time to get it right. The likes of Berahino and Shodipo don't look fully up to speed just yet, and we still have our most effective attacking player yet to return in Windass.

This was always going to be a tricky season after the car crash that was last year and the sea change which took place during the summer, so to be one point off the top six after eleven games is no reason to be sacking the management team as far as I can see.

Great post - completely agree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very much agree that lack of goals is our issue, has been for several seasons.  Through that period I have posted the reason why (pace up front) which drives how teams play against us.  Windass fit will be the difference hopefully.

My point was more that you can set up how you want, and your tactics can be spot on but no manager can account for international goalies making howlers,

Fair enough,  yes BPF hasn’t helped Moore with his errors.  But I think that’s disguising the fact the performance by the outfield players has been equally as poor, it’s just their poor play doesn’t get highlighted as much as a goalkeeper. The lack of creativity and goals during each 90 minute game is as bad as BPF’s one mistake per 90 mins.  Hopefully Windass returning will change things as you say 

• Thanks 2

I'm definitely not happy with how we've been for 70% of the season so far. Having said that I voted Moore in. 

Even though it's frustrating and the signs are that we aren't improving I really do think any manager needs more time than this. Maybe it will come back to bite us. I don't know. I do know that despite how poor we've been we still are around the play off spots. I'll analyse him again over the next 5 games and see if there are improvements. One things for sure, we need to start creating more chances, having more of a dominant impression on the opposition and score more goals.  

• Like 1

It hasn't clicked yet, it may do at some stage or we might go on as we are. We are still in touch with the promotion places so it's too early to change manager.

If we start droping down the league things will change. DC needs to be looking at potential replacents now so he can act fast if the need arises. He should have half a dozen or so targets in mind, we don't want to sack Moore and not have a manager for weeks on end.

In short, Moore stays for now but be prepared to change if need be.

38 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Great post - completely agree

Unfortunately with the standard of players we have, individual errors will be rife as they simply are not very good at playing football even at this level and probably lower.

If better clubs had wanted some of these players, they would be elsewhere unless its because we pay so much better, which is a failing of the club as a whole not only the manager

Just have a little patience
Still hurting from a love I lost
I'm feeling your frustration
But any minute all the pain will stop
Just hold me close inside your arms tonight
Don't be too hard on my emotions

'Cause I need time
My heart is numb, has no feeling
So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience

I really wanna start over again
I know you wanna be my salvation

The one that I can always depend
I'll try to be strong, believe me
I'm trying to move on
It's complicated but understand me

'Cause I need time
Just try and have a little patience, yeah
Have a little patience, yeah

'Cause these scars run so deep
It's been hard
But I have to believe

Have a little patience
Have a little patience

Woah, 'cause I, I just need time
Just try, and have a little patience
Have a little patience

21 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Just have a little patience
Still hurting from a love I lost
I'm feeling your frustration
But any minute all the pain will stop
Just hold me close inside your arms tonight
Don't be too hard on my emotions

'Cause I need time

I really wanna start over again
I know you wanna be my salvation

The one that I can always depend
I'll try to be strong, believe me
I'm trying to move on
It's complicated but understand me

'Cause I need time
Just try and have a little patience, yeah
Have a little patience, yeah

'Cause these scars run so deep
It's been hard
But I have to believe

Have a little patience
Have a little patience

Woah, 'cause I, I just need time
Just try, and have a little patience
Have a little patience

Hold on to Darren,

Hold on to his soft ear lobes,

Be patient and kind,

You might find,

He'll have a spare spanner for your loose washer bearing,

And a plaster in case you cut your fing finger on your new bath rug,

Hold on to Darren. 

• Haha 1

Is this thread a real one, or has it been started by a) a pig fan, b) someone from Viz or c) a small pebble?

It was bad enough coming on here and having to explain to people that Carlos was actually doing better, in his 2nd season, when some people wanted him sacked (we eventually finished a few places higher with most of the team in the sick bay), but this is ridiculous!

Booing the team at half time, or after games is not productive either. The team is not going to work until all the players are bedded in and I reckon it could take another three or four weeks before we see the team at its best and longer if confidence gets too low in the meantime. Booing will contribute to a few more mistakes and lost points, but Darren Moore has been given the first long term plan that we have had for many, many years and we really need to be patient and recognise that rebuilding the team is not just about bringing 14 new players in. The players all need keeping match fit, so they are ready to come into the team and play when required. The players all need to be gauged when they are fully fit, for stamina, speed, agility etc to see who can do what and some will not be as good as we hoped they would be, but when we have a more settled side and are looking more like a contender, or not. That is when Darren Moore will be judged and I think he and we will be in a good position at the halfway stage. Talk of sacking Moore now is just plain stupid.

I disagree with some of the things he has done, but I do not know all the ins and outs of the team regarding fitness, form etc, yet we are a point off the play offs, with less than a quarter of the season gone and the team has not yet settled down. When it does, we should increase our points for games ratio and hopefully be good enough to finish in the top 2. Keep up the good work Mr Moore.

UTO!

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Is this thread a real one, or has it been started by a) a pig fan, b) someone from Viz or c) a small pebble?

It was bad enough coming on here and having to explain to people that Carlos was actually doing better, in his 2nd season, when some people wanted him sacked (we eventually finished a few places higher with most of the team in the sick bay), but this is ridiculous!

Booing the team at half time, or after games is not productive either. The team is not going to work until all the players are bedded in and I reckon it could take another three or four weeks before we see the team at its best and longer if confidence gets too low in the meantime. Booing will contribute to a few more mistakes and lost points, but Darren Moore has been given the first long term plan that we have had for many, many years and we really need to be patient and recognise that rebuilding the team is not just about bringing 14 new players in. The players all need keeping match fit, so they are ready to come into the team and play when required. The players all need to be gauged when they are fully fit, for stamina, speed, agility etc to see who can do what and some will not be as good as we hoped they would be, but when we have a more settled side and are looking more like a contender, or not. That is when Darren Moore will be judged and I think he and we will be in a good position at the halfway stage. Talk of sacking Moore now is just plain stupid.

I disagree with some of the things he has done, but I do not know all the ins and outs of the team regarding fitness, form etc, yet we are a point off the play offs, with less than a quarter of the season gone and the team has not yet settled down. When it does, we should increase our points for games ratio and hopefully be good enough to finish in the top 2. Keep up the good work Mr Moore.

UTO!

Parallel universe mate.

5 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

UTO!

How long does it take for a team to settle in ?

especially when the players haven’t got a clue who is playing week to week or what formation they are playing not to mention the tactical situation 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1