Anyone remember the bridge and old ticket office?

I have memories of walking down behind the South Stand on matchdays and going under a bridge that went from the back of the old South Stand across to a bar or restaurant type thing? 

David Hirst would be stood on there watching the crowds arrive and it was great to be able to give him a wave and then shout good luck to him or ask him questions

Then you'd walk a little bit further down past the players entrance and there would be the old ticket office and the queues divided by those blue crush barrier things to keep everyone in line before they could reach the counter where they'd have to talk to the glass to the lady behind to get tickets

Anyone got any photos of either of these?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Found this from a Google search Neil.

Hilsborough.jpg.ae96df7cbad6a4a6b1abed678e9123dc.jpg

Ah yes awesome thank you!!
It's weird too as I had that bridge a bit further towards the camera - like going over where those two new doors are on the right?

Weird how memories play tricks eh!

But yeh Hirsty used to be there every home game up on that blue bridge

happy times

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have memories of walking down behind the South Stand on matchdays and going under a bridge that went from the back of the old South Stand across to a bar or restaurant type thing? 

David Hirst would be stood on there watching the crowds arrive and it was great to be able to give him a wave and then shout good luck to him or ask him questions

Then you'd walk a little bit further down past the players entrance and there would be the old ticket office and the queues divided by those blue crush barrier things to keep everyone in line before they could reach the counter where they'd have to talk to the glass to the lady behind to get tickets

Anyone got any photos of either of these?

Spion Kop was the only place i headed for, was magic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah yes awesome thank you!!
It's weird too as I had that bridge a bit further towards the camera - like going over where those two new doors are on the right?

Weird how memories play tricks eh!

But yeh Hirsty used to be there every home game up on that blue bridge

happy times

He'd have been having a fag 😆

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Didn't the shop originally have a portacabin near the floodlight pylon SW corner? Also mini cabins inside the ground.

On memories, anyone remember the big tree that was roughly between the director's entrance and the river - late 50s I believe, when my dad taught me my religion at weekends.

There is a video on youtube from a cup-tie in the 50's where they show cars arriving behind the south with the tree bang in the middle of the driveway.

It's was a news reel from British Pathe News of the day ,sadly been removed here's a aerial photo though.

1228132499_imagetree.jpg.c73ae75b71ee5fa55ff3f88526dfc8bf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, heard that pardon said:

Wish i could find the video, funny watching the old cars drive round it even showed the old turnstiles at what is now gate 11.

Yeah would love to see that

I life that kind of thing

The one of the squad training round the back of the north Stand where the megastore is now is amazing too

Owlstalk Shop