Anyone remember the bridge and old ticket office?

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

When did Peats close Keef? (did it become the club shop after the butchers?)

I remember the Penistone Road  shop being there when I was in my teens ....

When the ozzie owl club was called Christies....

Always remember loads of rosettes scarves in there we were in the "Ipswich kit" around that time ...

I bought my first silk scarves in there  one blue n white for one arm ,white n blue for the other ...

I remember Peats though...

My mum used Peats  across from the Park Hotel ..

& Webbs butchers at the bottom of Rockley Road....

Blimey, a long time ago, late sixties early seventies possibly. My dad used to get free tickets to every game, even the world cup and FA cup semis. I went to one of the world cup games.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

When did Peats close Keef? (did it become the club shop after the butchers?)

I remember the Penistone Road  shop being there when I was in my teens ....

When the ozzie owl club was called Christies....

Always remember loads of rosettes scarves in there we were in the "Ipswich kit" around that time ...

I bought my first silk scarves in there  one blue n white for one arm ,white n blue for the other ...

I remember Peats though...

My mum used Peats  across from the Park Hotel ..

& Webbs butchers at the bottom of Rockley Road....

Pretty sure it was the supporters club office/ shop. You could book coaches to away games and buy programmes. Alf Hewitt and John Green used to run it, with a little help from Fred Stones and the legendary Nora.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keefdave said:

Blimey, a long time ago, late sixties early seventies possibly. My dad used to get free tickets to every game, even the world cup and FA cup semis. I went to one of the world cup games.

34 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Pretty sure it was the supporters club office/ shop. You could book coaches to away games and buy programmes. Alf Hewitt and John Green used to run it, with a little help from Fred Stones and the legendary Nora.

I haven't got any photos unfortunately  but I think the three houses into one must have originally been the butchers as Keef stated then the club (who may have originally owned them ?) Took them on as the shop ticket office ...

I remember just one of the houses was the shop..

And the two nearest to the turnstiles had the windows blocked up (offices /merchandise store ?)

Had to be early to mid seventies.

Always remember it was packed in there ....

• Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 20:09, @owlstalk said:

Ah yes awesome thank you!!
It's weird too as I had that bridge a bit further towards the camera - like going over where those two new doors are on the right?

Weird how memories play tricks eh!

But yeh Hirsty used to be there every home game up on that blue bridge

happy times

In the South Stand on the concourse where the bridge could be accessed from there was a lounge with a full size snooker table in that the players would use .

• Love 1