Steve Bruce. Going full keegan

Plonk

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Funny isn’t it how poo managers always have bad eggs? Or are they players who think the manager is a buffoon, and the manager has no idea how to handle them? 

Ferguson dealt with his “ bad eggs”. Read DiCanios book to see how BFR dealt with “ bad eggs”. 

Their players were scrapping in town or something 

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think they underachieve in fan base, these are one club cities with very large catchment areas and surrounding towns and cities that don’t have many clubs either.

There's a huge difference between Leeds and Newcastle, mate.

The population of Leeds is roughly 800k.  The population of Newcastle is roughly 250k.  Sheffield will be somewhere in-between.

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

When you think about West Ham, and what a few signings along with Moyes has done - why can’t that happen to Newcastle ? 

(Moyes must be better than Bruce tbf)

It can. 

I put the likes of 

Villa

Newcastle

West Ham

Everton

Leeds

On a similar par in terms of traditional size and pull for players. All have potential to consistently challenging the top 6. All also have the potential to be fighting relegation or treading water or worse with a couple of poor signings/appointments 

On 18/09/2021 at 10:15, Saff said:

There's a huge difference between Leeds and Newcastle, mate.

The population of Leeds is roughly 800k.  The population of Newcastle is roughly 250k.  Sheffield will be somewhere in-between.

The catchment area is massive, as you should know if you live in County Durham. With only Sunderland vying for support.

8 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The catchment area is massive, as you should know if you live in County Durham. With only Sunderland vying for support.

I'm a Geordie but I moved to Durham...  The passion for football isn't the same around here as it is in Tyne & Wear.  They just like arts & crafts and the like in my village 🙄

24 minutes ago, Saff said:

I'm a Geordie but I moved to Durham...  The passion for football isn't the same around here as it is in Tyne & Wear.  They just like arts & crafts and the like in my village 🙄

No but the County Durham population is still quite large, Tyne and Wears population is massive, and then there is Northumberland to supply fans too. They  have a really large area there with only Newcastle and Sunderland fighting for them. They have decent sized towns/cities like Gateshead, Durham, South Shields, Darlington, Washington etc that don't have league clubs. In South Yorkshire equivalent sized towns have league teams. It's like Wednesday and United existing but no Rotherham, Barnsley, Rovers. Middlesborough is closest club after that like 40 miles from Newcastle so they're not gonna pick up many in that region. 

On 17/09/2021 at 05:29, Plonk said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9999233/Toon-turns-TOXIC-Graeme-Jones-Dwight-Gayle-clash-Bruce-slams-Hayden-players-p-ed-off.html

Bloody hell. Going really well for him up there.

Just claimed in his press conference that he’s not a quitter, and doesn’t walk away. The geordies are laughing their heads pointing out he has walked out of seven of his ten jobs.

I was just looking to see if anyone had posted this!

I heard him say this in a press conference on Sky Sports..."Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a quitter, and I taken on challenges "

Absolute and complete rubbish, Bruce is probably the biggest mercenary in football management. My memory is that Bruce jumps ship for more money pretty consistently. 

He won't quit Newcastle,  that's the truth. Stay and get sacked and pick up the compensation. That's how management works these days, but they do like to dress it up as 'not being a quitter'  

4 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I was just looking to see if anyone had posted this!

I heard him say this in a press conference on Sky Sports..."Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a quitter, and I taken on challenges "

Absolute and complete rubbish, Bruce is probably the biggest mercenary in football management. My memory is that Bruce jumps ship for more money pretty consistently. 

He won't quit Newcastle,  that's the truth. Stay and get sacked and pick up the compensation. That's how management works these days, but they do like to dress it up as 'not being a quitter'  

Geordies reckon he’s pocketed around £32m in compo from being sacked. 

Unbelievable, iftrue, that you can make so much money from not being very good at your job.

Bruce has walked out in several jobs, hasn't he? 

Walked out on Dem Blades? 

Walked out on Palace? 

Walked out on Birmingham? 

Walked out on Wigan? 

Walked out on Hull? 

Walked out on us? 

For the most part, he gets an easy ride, because he's usually had plenty of mates in the media who love old Brucey and he can come across as a somewhat affable bloke to those who are not paying full attention. 

He played us like a fiddle, probably recognising the fact that we had a pretty naive chairman in charge who would go along with what he requested. I mean we gave him January off ffs so he could go and watch the cricket. I also hear that when he came in, he demanded the training ground building be redeveloped so he would have a much bigger office space. The request was granted. 

The guy is a pratt. 

Edited by SiJ

Steve Bruce is one of footballs biggest roasters.

Did us like a kipper.

2 year deal for Westwood on crazy money, signed the crocks Moses and Luongo, and walked out on eve of season , taking all coaches bar an estate agent.  

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 10:05, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I didn’t used to mind Bruce and when he did a good job with us that continued.
And I didn’t have a problem with him wanting to leave to manage his boyhood club & in the PL.  But his attitude and behaviour towards us when making that move was classless and disrespectful.  I’m happy to see Newcastle take a beating whenever possible.  

In what way was it classless and disrespectful?