Steve Bruce. Going full keegan

Plonk

Just seen his press conference, looks like the pressure is getting to him. So funny that he left here where he was well respected by the fans to go to his boyhood club, where they absolutely despise him with a deep passion. The Newcastle forum is a very entertaining read.

Someone claims he has made £32 million in compensation alone from his time in management. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Bruce has actually done a decent job there. 

Problem is he isn't Rafa, who was an expert in PR up there as well as turning out turgid football. 

Rafa is more glamorous than Bruce.

He fitted in more with how Newcastle fans perceive themselves.

Bruce is seen as a lower league manager who isn't a big enough name to manage the mighty Toon.

Fact is no one will make much of it there with Ashley in charge. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bruce is seen as a lower league manager who isn't a big enough name to manage the mighty Toon.

Pretty spot on I think, they’ll never forgive him for managing Sunderland either but yeah, they see him as a lower league manager whereas Rafa is the European giant who came to save them

3 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

Newcastle fans always despise their own manager, team, players, city, wives, kids, jobs, council, clothes, weather, food….

You couldn't be more correct. Except they love and will defend all of those things to the death but in the same sentence curse them to hell. 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Nobody will make much of it there whoever’s in charge,

Far too far north to ever attract decent players now without having to pay well over odds.

Far smaller clubs from London will beat than to signings if the wages are the same, just to be able to play in the capital.

Same goes for Leeds. Wanted Conor Gallagher but he chose Palace to stay in London.

Newcastle, for me are PL history not present or future.

18 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Regards to Benietez, its mental he has the rep he dies, he plays a very pragmatic and quite frankly average style of football imo. If he was English doubt he'd get half the praise he does 

Oh he would, we’d be reminded every time he appeared on Sky that he won La Liga with a team that wasn’t Real or Barca and is a Champions League winner.. the jizzfest would be ten time as worse if he was English

Also he’s obviously well liked because of his affinity with the club nobody is allowed to criticise 

12 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm proper petty me sometimes. What Bruce did to us proper rankled with me even though deep down I know why he did it. To see him struggling makes me happy. I know he's rich but it'll be hurting him, same way he hurt us. Eff him. 

Same here. For a bloke of my age to be petty like this is a bit embarrasing I know, but that's football.  Anyway, what he did was still appalling after Chansiri had let him stay on holiday, and Bruce said he was a wonderful chairman.  And he knew the Newcastle fans didn't want him before he even went.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Same here. For a bloke of my age to be petty like this is a bit embarrasing I know, but that's football.  Anyway, what he did was still appalling after Chansiri had let him stay on holiday, and Bruce said he was a wonderful chairman.  And he knew the Newcastle fans didn't want him before he even went.

Same here too.  NUFC fans enraged that team struggling and he went on holiday during international break.  Selfish red faced gin swilling bent nosed faux Geordie fat potato head. 

• Haha 9

On 12/09/2021 at 15:44, fudge27 said:

Regards to Benietez, its mental he has the rep he dies, he plays a very pragmatic and quite frankly average style of football imo. If he was English doubt he'd get half the praise he does 

Tbf, he has two La Ligas? A UEFA cup and a Champions League among other things.

I agree his football can be quite dour, but he's good coach is Rafa.

• Like 1