Steve Bruce. Going full keegan

Plonk

Oh, and Bruce is a pratt.

Gets away with it, because he's got his mates in the media.

I know there were issues with us when he left, but the bloke still took the pi55.

Remember him actively talking about how he was desperate to leave in a post match friendly interview? 

What a knob.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, he has two La Ligas? A UEFA cup and a Champions League among other things.

I agree his football can be quite dour, but he's good coach is Rafa.

Fair points, 

But I think him and mourinho are 2 who's best days are well behind them but they still live of their reputation of 10 years ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Fair points, 

But I think him and mourinho are 2 who's best days are well behind them but they still live of their reputation of 10 years ago

Probably.

Think Everton is about Rafa's level now tbh. 

Jose won't manage in the PL again. Seems to be doing ok at Roma, but we all know how it can go with him.

Newcastle won’t go anywhere (except back to the Championship) whilst Ashley is at the club. And to say how much they complain, what have they actually done to get rid of him? If Bruce can keep them ticking over mid table until Ashley calls it a day then frankly that’s as good as it’s probably going to get. 

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Oh, and Bruce is a pratt.

Gets away with it, because he's got his mates in the media.

I know there were issues with us when he left, but the bloke still took the pi55.

Remember him actively talking about how he was desperate to leave in a post match friendly interview? 

What a knob.

Yes I didn’t used to mind Bruce and when he did a good job with us that continued.
And I didn’t have a problem with him wanting to leave to manage his boyhood club & in the PL.  But his attitude and behaviour towards us when making that move was classless and disrespectful.  I’m happy to see Newcastle take a beating whenever possible.  

• Like 5

On 12/09/2021 at 11:12, Raminpeace said:

Newcastle fans always despise their own manager, team, players, city, wives, kids, jobs, council, clothes, weather, food….

Having just done the Great North Run I couldn't disagree more. I love the Geordies!

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 11:40, Owls2k said:

Bruce has actually done a decent job there. 

Problem is he isn't Rafa, who was an expert in PR up there as well as turning out turgid football. 

Agreed. Bruce is a good talker and PR man but he is positive whereas Rafas chat was quite negative against the owner and the fans enjoyed that. Bruce just seen as Ashley’s man.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:47, Mcguigan said:

Nobody will make much of it there whoever’s in charge,

Far too far north to ever attract decent players now without having to pay well over odds.

Far smaller clubs from London will beat than to signings if the wages are the same, just to be able to play in the capital.

Same goes for Leeds. Wanted Conor Gallagher but he chose Palace to stay in London.

Newcastle, for me are PL history not present or future.

Not sure what Newcastle expect, staying in the PL and a cup run once in a while is about as good as it gets, just like 95% of teams up there.

They're nothing special.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9999233/Toon-turns-TOXIC-Graeme-Jones-Dwight-Gayle-clash-Bruce-slams-Hayden-players-p-ed-off.html

Bloody hell. Going really well for him up there.

Just claimed in his press conference that he’s not a quitter, and doesn’t walk away. The geordies are laughing their heads pointing out he has walked out of seven of his ten jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2021 at 07:46, Orlando_Trustful said:

I reckon he'll be gone before Christmas. It'll be a Dyche, Howe etc type appointment and the cycle then continues.

Newcastle fans are laughable and still think it's 1997. 

I don't think that Newcastle fans are asking for too much. They don't think that they should be challenging for the top 4 at all. It's a myth pedalled by the media

He has to go tbh, it sounds like not one person wants him at the club. Why would you stay in those circumstances? Can’t be much fun for him.

I don’t get what the problem is with Newcastle fans anyway. Who do they think they are? They finished 12th last year which is perfectly acceptable with the squad they have. They don’t have a divine right to be in the top six.

Sounds like the player culture is toxic too. They  the players have to take a chunk of the blame. Sounds like when we had our bad eggs under Monk 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He has to go tbh, it sounds like not one person wants him at the club. Why would you stay in those circumstances? Can’t be much fun for him.

I don’t get what the problem is with Newcastle fans anyway. Who do they think they are? They finished 12th last year which is perfectly acceptable with the squad they have. They don’t have a divine right to be in the top six.

Sounds like the player culture is toxic too. They  the players have to take a chunk of the blame. Sounds like when we had our bad eggs under Monk 

Funny isn’t it how poo managers always have bad eggs? Or are they players who think the manager is a buffoon, and the manager has no idea how to handle them? 

Ferguson dealt with his “ bad eggs”. Read DiCanios book to see how BFR dealt with “ bad eggs”.