Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, striker said:

Not that I'm against Lowe, far from it. 

But, he's had that team to work on since 2019. Also fair to say that in their first season back in L1, with a lot of new players, finished 18th. My point being, it doesnt happen overnight and think we would just be having this debate again with another name as soon as we don't win every game. 

Also fair to say, Plymouth have let in two injury time goals to draw 2-2 in the last month. Would that create the same hysteria and calls for a change?

Don't get me wrong, good manager in the making, I'd love him at Hillsborough in the future,  but dont think it's time to be looking for a replacement yet.

The best way to success is to see out the rough times and let manager's build momentum. 

Why persist with a manager for the sake of it? Moore hasn't shown any indication there is a good manager in there. He comes across as a one trick pony, who's one trick doesn't work and is out of his depth. He was on a losing streak at Doncaster and couldn't get a good west brom team out of the championship. Stick with him we will - no doubt - but we will be having the same conversation in 6 months.

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Why persist with a manager for the sake of it? Moore hasn't shown any indication there is a good manager in there. He comes across as a one trick pony, who's one trick doesn't work and is out of his depth. He was on a losing streak at Doncaster and couldn't get a good west brom team out of the championship. Stick with him we will - no doubt - but we will be having the same conversation in 6 months.

Why change for the sake of it? 

We'd also be having the same conversation about whoever replaced him in 6 months too. We need to be patient with someone at some point and don't think Moore is as bad as is being made out, although I appreciate it's trendy to nitpick at everything he does at the moment. 

It takes time to build a team and also don't forget how long it takes Chansiri to appoint a manager!

Let's hope we win tomorrow and can have a more upbeat debate going into the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I would like to make it known to all Wednesday fans, that if and when Ryan Lowe gets the Wednesday job and takes us up, it's thanks to me who has been campaigning incesently for him to be given the job at Hillsborough for the last 2 months, if and when we do go up I expect a thank you and a statue of me in the middle of the North Stand (row M) I thank you, (money donations will be given to cancer research) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Legend ?? More of a super fan . Was OK here but hardly got in the team. Always been a fan of the club since leaving though. Good luck to him but a bit early in his career to bring him here, we could kill his career.

Zico he's learnt a lot at Bury and Plymouth he's matured and ready🤣

2 hours ago, striker said:

Why change for the sake of it? 

We'd also be having the same conversation about whoever replaced him in 6 months too. We need to be patient with someone at some point and don't think Moore is as bad as is being made out, although I appreciate it's trendy to nitpick at everything he does at the moment. 

It takes time to build a team and also don't forget how long it takes Chansiri to appoint a manager!

Let's hope we win tomorrow and can have a more upbeat debate going into the weekend.

Wouldn't bet on it. We beat Bolton and it was as if we lost on here. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, markg said:

All those managers, all fail. We could get Pep or Klopp under this chairman and they'd fail too

We are a 3rd division team largely because of the financial situation the owner has got the club into. 

However, this summer we assembled a better squad of players for this level than many on here expected. As far as we are aware they are being paid on time - I'm sure we'd know about it if they weren't, and although our training facilities are dated by the standards of where we want to be, they are better than many have at this level. The pitches have been refurbished at the training ground and the stadium, the Hillsborough pitch has been widened at the request of the manager.

What more do you think the owner could do to assist the manager in terms of the current season? 

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We are a 3rd division team largely because of the financial situation the owner has got the club into. 

However, this summer we assembled a better squad of players for this level than many on here expected. As far as we are aware they are being paid on time - I'm sure we'd know about it if they weren't, and although our training facilities are dated by the standards of where we want to be, they are better than many have at this level. The pitches have been refurbished at the training ground and the stadium, the Hillsborough pitch has been widened at the request of the manager.

What more do you think the owner could do to assist the manager in terms of the current season? 

I get that. He has backed him in terms of giving him the tools for the job at hand based on where we are.

My point is that longer term, who cares about having a go at the manager. Even if we got promoted, it would all be a bit pointless because we'll never get anywhere at all in the long term. So for me, we may as well give this manager a chance.

He has had to deal with assembling a totally new squad, after god knows how many years of problems and negativity. For me, we are around the league position of where I expected us to be.

2 minutes ago, markg said:

I get that. He has backed him in terms of giving him the tools for the job at hand based on where we are.

My point is that longer term, who cares about having a go at the manager. Even if we got promoted, it would all be a bit pointless because we'll never get anywhere at all in the long term. So for me, we may as well give this manager a chance.

He has had to deal with assembling a totally new squad, after god knows how many years of problems and negativity. For me, we are around the league position of where I expected us to be.

Fair enough, but I think there is some pressure from the owner, and the fan base in general, to get promoted as soon as possible. I think we are probably 2 or 3 points and places short of where I expected us to be, not a disaster and not worth sacking the manager for now, but I am concerned he still doesn't know what his best 11 or formation is and his substitutions rarely seem to have a positive effect. 

I don't think we can point any problems so far this current season at the door of the owner at the moment.  

59 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, but I think there is some pressure from the owner, and the fan base in general, to get promoted as soon as possible. I think we are probably 2 or 3 points and places short of where I expected us to be, not a disaster and not worth sacking the manager for now, but I am concerned he still doesn't know what his best 11 or formation is and his substitutions rarely seem to have a positive effect. 

I don't think we can point any problems so far this current season at the door of the owner at the moment.  

Yeah I’m sick of all the chopping and changing of players. I’d love him to just pick what he thinks is his best side and stick with it for a few games. We need to find consistency