Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

8 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Rather have flavour of the month, than present company

Wouldn't shed a tear if I heard Darren Moore was going but cant see anyone else doing much better.

14 players brought in were loans and free transfers for a reason.

Add to that slightly over the hill fans favourites in Bannan and Hutchinson on over generous contracts and it's not a recipe for success.

• Like 1

We would just be an inpatient with Lowe as we are with Moore when he doesn’t hit the ground running. 

This job would be too big for him, as it is for all managers under this chairman. I don’t know what more chansiri has to do for the fans to turn on him rather than the numerous managers we take on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, markg said:

We would just be an inpatient with Lowe as we are with Moore when he doesn’t hit the ground running. 

This. It’s taken a while for Lowe to get to this point and I don’t think our fans have the patience. 

There was a period of unrest amongst the Argyle fans after Ryan’s honeymoon period when they weren’t playing the best football but he seems to have got them to a good place again. 

Patience is often required for most managerial appointments but looking back on ours I think the main factor to focus on is an attack minded ex player. 

Unsurprisingly the most obvious link with recent managers and styles of play is the fact that they have been ex defenders. Ryan Lowe has always advocated an attacking style and has stuck by this throughout his time at Plymouth…

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Ryan Lowe is the current flavour of the month.

Was Paul Cook not so long back.

And Hughton for a month but most said he was too good for us and wouldn't come....

Then there was big mick...rowett was nailed on...

We've had some reyt bad luck recruiting top managers.🤔

I posted this a couple of years ago. At some point in-between managers probably..... 😂

There's a lot to like although I think he has more to prove as a manager. Ironically, the point at which he proves it is potentially the point at which he's out of reach for us if Plymouth were to achieve a promotion while we languish down here.

You'll have to click the "watch on Youtube" text to watch. The "inappropriate for some users" warning relates to swearing in the dressing room.....don't be alarmed.  😂

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Lowe is probably currently in the highest position he’ll ever achieve as a manager. It is because we appoint people like him, Darren Moore, Chris Turner and Danny Wilson we keep finding ourselves in the position we do.  

He's been a manager 4 season and won 2 promotions in that time.

I think it's a bit unfair to to say this is the highest he'll ever achieve.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Lowe is probably currently in the highest position he’ll ever achieve as a manager. It is because we appoint people like him, Darren Moore, Chris Turner and Danny Wilson we keep finding ourselves in the position we do.  

Meanwhile the pedigree of Tony Pulis, Steve Bruce and Gary Monk has served us really well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1