Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

21 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He's been a manager 4 season and won 2 promotions in that time.

I think it's a bit unfair to to say this is the highest he'll ever achieve.

And may well make that three but eh this is the highest he will go. Until next season. 

22 hours ago, Shezza said:

Lowe is probably currently in the highest position he’ll ever achieve as a manager. It is because we appoint people like him, Darren Moore, Chris Turner and Danny Wilson we keep finding ourselves in the position we do.  

Can’t see pep or klopp coming anytime soon pal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

And may well make that three but eh this is the highest he will go. Until next season. 

I think it's clear he's a good manager, I think he'd be mad to walk away from Plymouth for here and the only way it would make any sense is if the desire to come back to Wednesday was so strong.

I think he probably would like to manage Wednesday at some point and probably feels he has unfinished business here. But I just don't see it happening now if we did make a change.

I think Lowe could be interested, despite the poor performances on the pitch we’re just outside the playoffs in the same league as his current (smaller) club, so a decent wage and the permission to mould the squad how he wants in January (letting some loan players be recalled, swap them for new loan players etc) and he could be lured by the potential of managing a big club.  Though I think someone else might snap him up before Chansiri considers it.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think it's clear he's a good manager, I think he'd be mad to walk away from Plymouth for here and the only way it would make any sense is if the desire to come back to Wednesday was so strong.

I think he probably would like to manage Wednesday at some point and probably feels he has unfinished business here. But I just don't see it happening now if we did make a change.

The only way Lowe would come to manage Wednesday would be the terms we offered him would be so strong, same reason Darren Moore came here.

He is probably an ok manager but would cost a wedge to sack Moore and all his coaching staff, pay off Plymouth, give Lowe a generous contract plus all his backroom staff. Think Lowe has just as much chance of being a success as Moore at Wednesday so not worth all the money and hassle to me.

• Like 1

He was far from being a legend here but a great character to have around and a good finisher as usual we were too late to the party in his career 

However he could well be a legend at Plymouth, top of the league and the best side by far we have played 

He would be crackers to come here at the moment but stranger things have happened 

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

You would all want him sacked after six months.

If he came in and did well we would want to sack him. Why?

20 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

If he came in and did well we would want to sack him. Why?

Not that I'm against Lowe, far from it. 

But, he's had that team to work on since 2019. Also fair to say that in their first season back in L1, with a lot of new players, finished 18th. My point being, it doesnt happen overnight and think we would just be having this debate again with another name as soon as we don't win every game. 

Also fair to say, Plymouth have let in two injury time goals to draw 2-2 in the last month. Would that create the same hysteria and calls for a change?

Don't get me wrong, good manager in the making, I'd love him at Hillsborough in the future,  but dont think it's time to be looking for a replacement yet.

The best way to success is to see out the rough times and let manager's build momentum. 

• Like 1

On 16/10/2021 at 18:01, Shezza said:

Lowe is probably currently in the highest position he’ll ever achieve as a manager. It is because we appoint people like him, Darren Moore, Chris Turner and Danny Wilson we keep finding ourselves in the position we do.  

Bearing in mind that 2 of the 3 you mentioned had managed in the prem when we appointed them, who exactly are you thinking we should make a bid for next then?