We are Second

From what I’ve seen I think we will beat most of the sides we come against at home, with the quality we have in the squad.  The issue is games like today when it’s a small pitch/ground, and a energetic home side who give us very little space and time all over the pitch. 
Despite that we still dominated the game today.  But I feel we need a more physical centre forward up top in games like today and obviously we need our centre backs to be fit too. It will be interesting to see who the one or two players Moore is looking to bring in before the deadline 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

From what I’ve seen I think we will beat most of the sides we come against at home, with the quality we have in the squad.  The issue is games like today when it’s a small pitch/ground, and a energetic home side who give us very little space and time all over the pitch. 
Despite that we still dominated the game today.  But I feel we need a more physical centre forward up top in games like today and obviously we need our centre backs to be fit too. It will be interesting to see who the one or two players Moore is looking to bring in before the deadline 

We already have physical centre forwards though with the likes of Gregory and Paterson.. I think the biggest issue we have is the wide forwards and the formation.

Our keeper and defence is the best in the league by some distance.. and our centre mids now look good which hasn’t been the case for about 4 seasons.

We just aren’t going to score enough playing 4-3-3 which is more like a 4-5-1. The top sides have their best goal scorers playing in those wide positions.. Salah, Mane, Ronaldo, Bale, Sterling etc.. the players we play there like Johnson and Paterson are more like midfielders and don’t score.. and the main striker is too isolated. Maybe Corbeanu can play that position better.. and Shodipo and Windass have better goal records

I’d rather we played a fluid 4-4-2 so more support for the strikers but would end up with a Bannan or Adeniran pushed out wide then 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We already have physical centre forwards though with the likes of Gregory and Paterson.. I think the biggest issue we have is the wide forwards and the formation.

Our keeper and defence is the best in the league by some distance.. and our centre mids now look good which hasn’t been the case for about 4 seasons.

We just aren’t going to score enough playing 4-3-3 which is more like a 4-5-1. The top sides have their best goal scorers playing in those wide positions.. Salah, Mane, Ronaldo, Bale, Sterling etc.. the players we play there like Johnson and Paterson are more like midfielders and don’t score.. and the main striker is too isolated. Maybe Corbeanu can play that position better.. and Shodipo and Windass have better goal records

I’d rather we played a fluid 4-4-2 so more support for the strikers but would end up with a Bannan or Adeniran pushed out wide then 

with all due respect, Gregory is a goal poacher and Paterson is as much of a centre forward as I’m a male model.

Personally feel we need a taller striker who will deal with the physicality of these away games and score from the crosses we put into the box today from Hunt and Johnson 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Southie_Owl said:

with all due respect, Gregory is a goal poacher and Paterson is as much of a centre forward as I’m a male model.

Personally feel we need a taller striker who will deal with the physicality of these away games and score from the crosses we put into the box today from Hunt and Johnson 

Lol agree on Paterson, he is physical though it’s just that he’s not really a striker at all.. and not sure what he actually is.

Gregory is a big strong lad and will score goals at this level like he has done already. I don’t like one up top though as he’s too isolated.. we’d score more with a second striker in and around him given we don’t have goal contributions coming from out wide 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Although I am oddly fascinated to see who's going to post the most outlandish statement in the next few hours as posters with all the emotional intelligence of a lamppost desperately up the ante in an attempt to one-up each other.

:duntmatter:

Just wait until the dogs come along!  lol

• Haha 1

By all accounts we were unlucky today. That's football, sometimes you win games you really don't deserve to and sometimes you get mugged.

Today was just one of those days. We move on.

• Like 1

Eugen survived both tests, but the Baker test left her thoroughly radioactive and extensively damaged at the same time. She eventually capsized in December '46 and the wreck is still visible. One of the propellors was saved is now in a German museum (although I suspect you knew that anyway!).

Love talking history.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

In fairness, first time in a long time that a defeat hasn't resulted in total carnage on here! lol

Neil has banned negative comments so no real option for carnage.

BTW carnage is from the Latin carne where we get carnivore and carnival from.

Bit of (sort of) history for you 😃

Edited by Rev Owl