We are Second

Guest LondonOwl313
23 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Morecombe were a league 2 side last season....we have some of the best players in the league.

Hope to god this isn't a repeat of what happened when Turner team started with big ideas in L1

It’s fine.. back then we had rubbish players and that’s why we were bottom half (plus Turner was useless).

Today we dominated the game and just didn’t get the breaks.. if we do what we did today every week we’ll win enough to compete for automatics

I'm disappointed because I like us to win.

I love to win in style but I prefer a scrappy win to any kind of non-win.

However there's always next time.

My advice is to take the longer view and don't get too upset over these passing troubles.

• Like 4

I’m super chilled about the whole start to the season. We are well ahead of where we could realistically have expected to be. We’ve got a good squad together and we still have Windass to come back. We lost today because we weren’t clinical enough not because we didn’t creat chances.

In football the best side doesn’t always win. But in the long term doing the right thing pays dividends. 

UTO!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

My advice is to take the longer view and don't get too upset over these passing troubles.

Goint Point There. It will be till at least Oct/Nov time that we'll have a better picture on how our season is going to progress. 5 Games in is a bit too early in my view.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pathetic comment.

The opening comment should be in any one of the many threads currently running, weird to start a new thread just for this. unless as usual, begging for likes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Goint Point There. It will be till at least Oct/Nov time that we'll have a better picture on how our season is going to progress. 5 Games in is a bit too early in my view.

Exactly this. There are 41 games left! I think we are in the right track but realistically no one will know for sure until, we have played around one quarter of the season (so 12 games) to get a real understanding of how well or badly things are looking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

The opening comment should be in any one of the many threads currently running, weird to start a new thread just for this. unless as usual, begging for likes.

Think your wrong on this one. Pretty sure the OP posted the thread because it’s what he thought and felt like sharing it. Simple as that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

And again.

'Begging for likes'? The fact you even thought of that as a concept says more about you than it does @StudentOwl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Definitely,  a defeat even to one of the minnows in this league could be beneficial in the long run, you learn more from defeat than you do victory.

This could be the kick up the arse the team didn't think it needed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Exactly this. There are 41 games left! I think we are in the right track but realistically no one will know for sure until, we have played around one quarter of the season (so 12 games) to get a real understanding of how well or badly things are looking. 

Spot on. That is more or less the best time that we start to get a understanding on how our season is going to progess.Just cannot understand the overreaction from some.:tango:

8 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I've started 11 threads in 2021. I'm doing a real sh*t job of making threads for likes

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Weird comment. Infact that the weirdest thing I've read on the internets in the past 24hrs.

• Like 1