Jordan Rhodes Gossip

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Heard from a very good source (yes, I know) that Rhodes was basically ducked (with an F) at the time we signed him with a hip problem that hindered his running, Andy Rhodes had been in DC's ear telling him how good his son was and brokered the signing, with AR being JR's agent he also made a tidy sum out of the deal.

This could possibly explain why JR never got a run in the side under any manager and AR made shadowy(ish) exit.

Be interesting to see what happens at Huddersfield.

Not surprising Wednesday getting fleeced, Rhodes was never going to be a hero with us, anyone who knows football knows that, crazy signing. 

8 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Heard from a very good source (yes, I know) that Rhodes was basically ducked (with an F) at the time we signed him with a hip problem that hindered his running, Andy Rhodes had been in DC's ear telling him how good his son was and brokered the signing, with AR being JR's agent he also made a tidy sum out of the deal.

This could possibly explain why JR never got a run in the side under any manager and AR made shadowy(ish) exit.

Be interesting to see what happens at Huddersfield.

I heard it was his minge not his hips that were giving him grief 

14 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Whether it was a hip issue or something else, there was a definite issue with pace/ mobility in his time here.  His jumping for challenges in the air was also pretty bad. 

It was especially depressing seeing him come on as a sub, as he had no impact at all as the defence we were up against just pushed a high line when he came on  - the opposite of what we needed when chasing a game.

Probably because he was a sulking pile of crap. 

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't name the source but give us an idea of his credibility because this sounds like made up stuff of fairies

Indeed, and what qualifications does said fairy have to make such stories.

Goal keeping coach, secret agent and his shadow like exit, sounds like a reyt crap book.

I’d bet most of you who despise Rhodes were secretly relieved on Sunday when he was named on the bench.

Who do you think Moore and our CBs wanted to play against - Rhodes or Ward?

Who do you think oppo managers and defenders wanted to play against last season - Rhodes or Paterson, Windass, Marriott? They’d be p-ssing themselves laughing seeing Paterson or Marriott trot out to play CF with Rhodes sat in the stand with his trackie on.

17 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Indeed, and what qualifications does said fairy have to make such stories.

Goal keeping coach, secret agent and his shadow like exit, sounds like a reyt crap book.

Is that one of Steve Bruce’s?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

If his hip is done how did he play so many games for us? And why have Huddersfield taken him on? And why did Norwich loan him?

Genuine questions as I'd guess it'd explain him being crap after Blackburn.

His hip problem affects his mobility, it doesn't stop him running altogether, lots of strikers lose that yard of pace as their careers progress.

• Thanks 1