Jordan Rhodes Gossip

Heard from a very good source (yes, I know) that Rhodes was basically ducked (with an F) at the time we signed him with a hip problem that hindered his running, Andy Rhodes had been in DC's ear telling him how good his son was and brokered the signing, with AR being JR's agent he also made a tidy sum out of the deal.

This could possibly explain why JR never got a run in the side under any manager and AR made shadowy(ish) exit.

Be interesting to see what happens at Huddersfield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Heard from a very good source (yes, I know) that Rhodes was basically ducked (with an F) at the time we signed him with a hip problem that hindered his running, Andy Rhodes had been in DC's ear telling him how good his son was and brokered the signing, with AR being JR's agent he also made a tidy sum out of the deal.

This could possibly explain why JR never got a run in the side under any manager and AR made shadowy(ish) exit.

Be interesting to see what happens at Huddersfield.

Don't name the source but give us an idea of his credibility because this sounds like made up stuff of fairies

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313

Surprised this wouldn’t have come up at the time or during the 4 years he was here and contributing very little. It seems like the sort of thing that would be relevant.. so why now after he’s gone 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't try and dictate what people do and don't discuss mate

The thread title made it easy for you to avoid it if you wanted

I agree

It would be terrible if people pre-empted those moaning about matchday catering etc 

lol 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

The OP doesn't have a ring of truth to it to me.

I am sure the insurance company would insist a decent medical would take place before his signing especially when it was an expensive one.

Ask whoever did Almen Abdi's medical.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, mogbad said:

If he's fekked with a hip problem how come he passed a medical to sign for us and Huddersfield?

Don't shoot the messenger, I have a shocking pain in my right ankle that no doctor or X-ray has found anything wrong with, I can't put weight on it some days.

Whether it was a hip issue or something else, there was a definite issue with pace/ mobility in his time here.  His jumping for challenges in the air was also pretty bad. 

It was especially depressing seeing him come on as a sub, as he had no impact at all as the defence we were up against just pushed a high line when he came on  - the opposite of what we needed when chasing a game.

• Like 1