Kane to go for 160m to city

57 minutes ago, Nut said:

I would say it enhances his legacy. It would be easier to score goals with a top side like City than it as at Tottenham.

That's true, but top players are also judged by winning things.

And yea, much inferior players have won titles, cups and so forth, but I can't help but feel that Kane needs to get his hands on at least one major trophy.

He will always have that mark against him if he doesn't.

The way he's going he will do well to win as many cups as such Spurs legends as Jermaine Jenas and Vedran Corluka (one league cup).

He’s not worth the money.

only Chelsea or Man City could even think about that fee.

I think he would be more suited to Chelsea than Man City but Chelsea don’t really need him now - unless Lukaku gets injured. 

he’ll end up staying with Spurs. 

44 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

He’s not worth the money.

only Chelsea or Man City could even think about that fee.

I think he would be more suited to Chelsea than Man City but Chelsea don’t really need him now - unless Lukaku gets injured. 

he’ll end up staying with Spurs. 

Probably

..... and winning nowt.

9 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Levy would rather make nothing than 

take the £120 million quid, how stubborn is that bloke? 

It’s beyond ridiculous. Levy has had a mare on all fronts. 1 man doesn’t make a club. I know he’s under contract but in any other profession,  if you want to leave your place of work, you find something else and leave. Simple. Whats even worse is keeping someone against their will, why would you want to make someone unhappy, and then expect them to integrate back into the side and perform how you want them to? 

Levy won’t gain more than £120m by keeping him. They ain’t gonna win jack shiit. So he’s effectively shooting himself in the foot and missing out on over a hundred million quid for no reason

It’s business madness 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s beyond ridiculous. Levy has had a mare on all fronts. 1 man doesn’t make a club. I know he’s under contract but in any other profession,  if you want to leave your place of work, you find something else and leave. Simple. Whats even worse is keeping someone against their will, why would you want to make someone unhappy, and then expect them to integrate back into the side and perform how you want them to? 

Levy won’t gain more than £120m by keeping him. They ain’t gonna win jack shiit. So he’s effectively shooting himself in the foot and missing out on over a hundred million quid for no reason

It’s business madness 

Levy is an idiot.

Said it loads of time.

Every now and then he gets lucky.

Spurs kept Eriksen on for a good year despite him having wanting to leave. They then sold him for a cut price fee with six months on his contract left.

I am baffled why people think he's not a good buy but Haarland would be an excellent acquisition

Kane is just about as near as its possible to get a guaranteed PL goalscorer - he's done it consistently over many seasons at a rate that bears comparison with the best ever to play in our top league

Haarland may well go on the bear comparison but right now given the choice i'd take Kane all day and every day

I think City dropped a bollock by going for Grealish over Kane tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scram said:

I think City dropped a bollock by going for Grealish over Kane tbh

Agreed.

Grealish screams a bit of a vanity purchase tbh.

Suggestions Bernardo Silva wanted out, but still.

Possibly - but is he what they required right now over a proven goalscorer?

One of the reasons may be that there must be some concerns over the ongoing availability of KDB?

Maybe Grealish is to give them a shift in style of play and reduce reliance on KDB?

I think what would really set City up - and would be delicious if it happened is if they could sign Mbappe

My thinking was Grealish was brought in simply to stop him going elsewhere and also as KDB replacement as he's now in his 30's.

City did not need him, they need an out and out striker and Kane is the perfect fit.

Haaland is younger, looks a real prospect but he's going to cost a lot more than Kane. Not even talking about transfer fee's here - His agent wants stupid money for himself and his player.