Kane to go for 160m to city

4 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

City won’t pay the high fee. Levy wins. However, I do think signing Kane would have been far more beneficial than Grealish. 

Kane must regret signing that 6 year deal. 

Definitely need to respect the deals they are signing. If you sign a 6 year contract you’re their property-the way it should be

Though I think if he wasn’t a Spurs man he would have forced the move by being awkward.

12 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

He will win something somewhere. Even if he waited until he ran down his contract, there will be a move for him to PSG, Bayern or someone in Italy if he wanted it where he'd win a couple.

Obviously if he wants the big pots like the PL and CL then presumably he will need to move within the next couple of windows. Would be interested to see if there's any gentlemens handshakes attached to this decision to stay now. A certain price agreed for him to leave if Spurs don't win anything this year etc. It's Levvy though so probably not.

Next window is when Haalnd is in his final year of his contract though I think.

29 year old Kane or 22 year old Haaland?

Whoever advised and helped Kane sign that 6 year contract when he did wants shooting. But then again, Spurs looked like they were going somewhere at the time with Poch, the stadium etc.

The only way he was going to get that move was to kick off a right fuss and force their hand. 

The best he could come up with was not turning up to training one day and talking to Gary Neville on his podcast a few months back. 

3 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Whoever advised and helped Kane sign that 6 year contract when he did wants shooting. But then again, Spurs looked like they were going somewhere at the time with Poch, the stadium etc.

Yep it's not ideal for Kane's bargaining position.

I'm a huge fan of Haaland. I've said before that for the sake of signing Grealish and trying to sign Kane, I think I'd have chucked £200m at Dortmund now and have done with. 

Got to think City start looking towards Haaland now. 

Question: 

If Kane breaks the PL goal scoring record - but finishes with no trophies - does that damage his reputation, legacy etc.,? 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

If Kane breaks the PL goal scoring record - but finishes with no trophies - does that damage his reputation, legacy etc.,? 

Not for me.

David May won the PL with two different teams.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Swings and roundabouts though isn’t it

if he got a career changing injury then the contract was a brilliant idea

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

I would say it enhances his legacy. It would be easier to score goals with a top side like City than it as at Tottenham.

21 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I don't think so.

I'll bet Kane signs a new improved deal at Spurs though.

Would be interesting to see what "improved deal" means in this scenario. 

I wonder how many 10's of thousands Kane would shave off his Spurs deal to also knock 3 years off it.. :Chansiri: